The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Reading comprehention Options
D00M
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 12:30:21 PM

Neurons: 3,660
This is part of my textbook:

In 1817, one of the most well-known hauntings in American history took place in the small town of Adams, Tennessee. In fact, it was so well known that the story caught the attention of a future president of the United States.

Known as the Bell Witch, the strange activity that caused fear in the small farming community has remained unexplained for nearly 200 years. It is the inspiration for many fictional ghost stories, including the film The Blair Witch Project. Although they both attracted a great deal of public interest, the facts of the Bell Witch story share little in common with those created for The Blair Witch project. Because it rally happened, the Bell Witch story is perhaps much more frightening.

Q1: What does it mean by activity? IS the strange activity known as the bell witch?

Q2: Is a film a story? Why does it say "including the film..."?

Q3: What does "both" refer to? "Bell witch" and "The Blair Witch Project"?

Q4: Is my understanding correct:

In 1817, a famous haunting happened. It was named "Bell witch". Later, a film was made based on "Bell witch" hunting named "The Blair Witch Project".

Thank you so much in advance

I am looking forward to your answers.