The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Fugu(blowfish) Options
almostfreebird
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:22:48 AM

Neurons: 7,024
There is one drug, tetradotoxin, which could approximate such a state. In small doses it causes external anesthesia. Larger doses bring about the "out of the body" sensation occasionally reported by victims of visitor abduction.
This rare drug is the core of the zombie poison of Haiti, and little is known about why it works as it does. It is also the notorious "fugu" poison of Japan, found in the tissues of a blowfish, which is an esteemed if deadly aphrodisiac. (excerpt from communion by Whitley Strieber)

In Japan fugu(blowfish) are rare, and expensive especially when you have it in blowfish restaurant(I've never eaten it, though). The chef must have a licence to cook blowfish, it is widely known that every year a few people die of eating blowfish cooked by amateurs, but I didn't know and never heard that it has an esteemed aphrodisiac (I didn't know the word " aphrodisiac" either, haha).

Dreamy
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:40:01 AM

Neurons: 7,723
No Blowfish for me, almostfreebird. I prefer Snapper.

Job 33:15 "In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, In slumberings upon the bed;" Theology 101 "If He doesn't know everything then He isn't God."
Geeman
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:02:45 PM

Neurons: 119,687
almostfreebird wrote:
There is one drug, tetradotoxin, which could approximate such a state. In small doses it causes external anesthesia. Larger doses bring about the "out of the body" sensation occasionally reported by victims of visitor abduction.
This rare drug is the core of the zombie poison of Haiti, and little is known about why it works as it does. It is also the notorious "fugu" poison of Japan, found in the tissues of a blowfish, which is an esteemed if deadly aphrodisiac. (excerpt from communion by Whitley Strieber)

In Japan fugu(blowfish) are rare, and expensive especially when you have it in blowfish restaurant(I've never eaten it, though). The chef must have a licence to cook blowfish, it is widely known that every year a few people die of eating blowfish cooked by amateurs, but I didn't know and never heard that it has an esteemed aphrodisiac (I didn't know the word " aphrodisiac" either, haha).

I don't think it's the fish or poison that gets people in the mood.... Tempting fate is often sexy. Scary movies, roller coasters, etc. all seem to have a similar effect.

Most of the time, though, it seems like it's the illusion of danger that is really the sexy thing. Poisonous sushi has the rep for danger, but very little of the actual danger given the number of people actually harmed by the stuff. That illusion of danger, though, appears to be the thing that makes the engine rev.
almo 1
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 4:24:00 AM

Neurons: 3,574

I found out that fugu/blowfish/puffer could do this thing:

forum.thefreedictionary.com/postst163149