The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

So Sorry London! Options
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:11:27 PM

Neurons: 34,381
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/22/man-shot-police-outside-parliament-officer-reportedly-shoots/

No words that will help but I'll still say we feel sorry for everyone involved and for the policeman's and other deceaseds' families.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. Albert Einstein
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:25:32 PM

Neurons: 61,684

Me Gathering Pebbles at The Seashore.-Aj
srirr
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:04:39 AM

Neurons: 64,360
It is really saddening. May God help them who are in pain.

We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. ~ Swami Vivekanand
Romany
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 7:09:04 AM

Neurons: 35,640

Thank you to those who expressed empathy for what happened on Westminster Bridge.

As I said elsewhere though: - for around 2,000 years people have been trying to destroy London. It has made Londoners very stubborn.

In the last century terrorism destroyed whole areas of London - it came not from the Far East or the Middle East - but from Ireland. London rebuilt and carried on as usual. There's a special determination about Londoners - who will never accept 'victim' status.

Our thoughts too are with the family and friends of the teacher who was killed and the poor, terrified people on the bridge. We've seen interviews of grown, business-suited men crying at the scene for the injured. Our hearts are with them, and all who suffer sudden loss of life or life-changing injuries. But no-one is speaking of revenge, or politics, or religious intolerance. (Well, I say 'no-one' but I expect there are some sick nutters who are). People are drinking tea from their "Keep calm and carry on" mugs, and doing just that.

PS I mentioned in another thread that, at the height of the panic and no-one knowing what was happening; all the politicians were in lock-down in Westminster; worrying about friends, family and colleagues. A party of visiting school kids who'd been herded into the lobby below put on a sing-song (community singing) to 'make them (the politicians) feel better.' Lots of people ARE talking about that.