The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

He calls me schatje, how can i tell we are bf and gf or not? Options
Siaaa
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:20:02 AM

Neurons: 10
I've been dating this dutch guy for 1 month now, during which he went for an annual leave for 2 weeks back home and he texted me every day of his activities. His friends said hi on the snaps he sent to me and his parents showed up too. He's been calling me darling, sweetheart, hottie, beautiful, schatje etc. We are both working abroad but in the same place. I haven't met any of his friends in person yet except his housemates. I am really confused and wonder where we are right now.

Just a couple days ago my friend found out he dated one of her friend's friend before and that girl asked him to be his bf after about 2 months' dating and he started to stay away and then they ended...that girl is completely a different type to me though. We are both now stable with decent jobs and he is in his early 30s and 6 years older than me. He said I was different and he liked me a lot. Lat week after he came back from his leave he texted me he loved me in my language, which I wasn't sure if I should take it serously.

Any advice? I don't want to be clingy or anything, just want to take it seriously and hope for the best. I like him a lot, actually i think i love him.

Thanks for any tips!!
2015Febechukwu E105
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:58:18 PM

Neurons: 6,624
I'm a boy so if you are the superstitious type you may take me too seriously(from the mouth of babes and all that).
I say wait for him to ask you. If he likes you very much then he'll prob say it soon.
Or you can be the forward type. Confront your position with him. Clear things out.
That's all FolksApplause

lord-febe(dot)tumblr(dot)c@nn
s_galle
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:13:45 PM

Neurons: 6,831
If he calls you "darling, sweetheart, hottie, beautiful, schatje" and says he loves you, I would think you guys are a couple, no? Does it need to be spelled out more? For me as a Belgian guy it's a bit weird to ask if someone is my gf or not. I did that only when I was a little kid, but now it kinda shows from how you behave and how you act. If you're not sure, you could ask him, but I wouldn't make it a serious question. Especially when you've learned that he moves away from that, it might be that he's afraid to settle? Just drop it in a conversation casually.
Olav
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 5:07:20 PM

Neurons: 262,962
In this modern time why not put your things on the table, tell him what you think and ask straightforward, Dutch people are straight forward so do not be afraid and waist your time, but there is no guarantee