The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Underreported? Options
whatson
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 8:32:47 PM

Neurons: 2,152
To my great surprise, The Boor with the Youthful Orange Complexion inspired me to think of other instances where events could have been underreported.
Primarily I'm thinking of the New Testament. Surely, Jesus would have performed more magic tricks in the three years of his public activity, than what's reported by the Evangelists. After all, He could have learned a bagful of them on His prior wanderings through Asia on the way to Kashmir. Don't you think?
will
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 8:39:20 AM

Neurons: 4,152
What more do you want? Jesus tricks -- mind blowing!

And keeping the faith, there’s these guys. Disclaimer: Any child that doubts the true magic in this show or has unclean thoughts about false pockets, optical illusions or misdirection will spend eternity burning in the pits of Hell.

One more… oh, wrong kind of trick. Shhh

Dreamy
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 3:49:52 PM

Neurons: 7,723
whatson wrote:
To my great surprise, The Boor with the Youthful Orange Complexion inspired me to think of other instances where events could have been underreported.
Primarily I'm thinking of the New Testament. Surely, Jesus would have performed more magic tricks in the three years of his public activity, than what's reported by the Evangelists. After all, He could have learned a bagful of them on His prior wanderings through Asia on the way to Kashmir. Don't you think?

Perhaps thou hast not done thy research, whatson.

John the Divine wrote:
John 21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Job 33:15 "In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, In slumberings upon the bed;" Theology 101 "If He doesn't know everything then He isn't God."