The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Morning-Sickness Drug Dilectin Loses Journal's Backing Options
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:00:59 PM

Neurons: 42,832
Dilectin should no longer be the go-to drug for morning sickness after new research showed flaws in the research. It may be no better than a vitamin. Canadian doctors have been told to reconsider it.

So if you are Canadian, pregnant, and have that awful morning sickness, do your homework before taking any drug. I don't know if this drug was used in other countries or not. The drug guidelines were developed by a Motherisk program at Sick Kids in Toronto and Motherisk had ties to the drug company.

Motherisk was once a prestigious program which is now "engulfed in scandal for faulty testing for drugs and alcohol in its now shuttered lab". Some parents lost their children because of this faulty testing. Any complementary doctor worth their salt will tell you that hairanalysis is not a reliable test.

I'll be back with the link in a minute.

Edited - https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/01/26/medical-journal-withdraws-recommendation-of-morning-sickness-pill.html

Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
boneyfriend
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:19:25 PM

Neurons: 10,546
Hope, I've been gone for a while. Just wanted to say that I love your quote.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. Ben Williams
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:20:01 PM

Neurons: 42,832
boneyfriend wrote:
Hope, I've been gone for a while. Just wanted to say that I love your quote.

It's cute, isn't it?

I noticed you were gone for a while and sent you a private message hoping you were ok. So now I know you are back and I'm glad to see that.

Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer