The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

conversazione / conversation Options
Zena1893
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 8:04:55 AM

Neurons: 15
ciao a tutti, sono nuovo del forum e volevo sapere se è possibile fare conversazione in questo forum per esercitarsi, vorrei scrivere nei topic di solo inglese ma ho paura che nessuno mi corregga, sto imparando l'inglese, quindi farò molti errori, io riesco a leggere l'inglese e a capirlo abbastanza, ma non so parlarlo e a scrivere bene, spero nel vostro aiuto, ciao.

"hi to all, i'm a new utent of forum and i want know if it's possible make conversation in this forum for pratice, i will write in english topic but i fear that anyone help me, i'm learn english, then i make many error, i succeed to read the english and enough understand, but i don't speak and i don't enough write. i hope in your help, bye.
Zena1893
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:14:56 AM

i'm sad... other 30 views and anyone reply....
IMcRout
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:36:33 AM

Neurons: 405,595
Don't despair, Zena. It has only been two hours and I fear there aren't too many here who speak Italian or have the time to respond quickly. So, just you wait.

In the meantime I'll take a quick look at your English introduction and change a few things.

"hi to all (or Hello, everybody.), I'm a new member of the forum and I want to know if it's possible to hold a conversation / to communicate with somebody in this forum in order to practice my English. I will write in English but I feear that I'll make a lot of mistakes. I am learning English and I can read and understand a lot, but I am not very good at speaking or writing in English. I hope for your help, bye. "

Ciao

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. (Anon)
Zena1893
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 12:09:40 PM

thank you IMcRout!

I thought of writing also in Italian for understand me but you understand me.

thank you for the revision, I can ask you what is the best way for learn English? Now I'm studying many vocabularies but not grammar, you think that write here, in this forum, help me?

p.s. I can you call simply Rout?
IMcRout
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 7:21:52 AM

Neurons: 405,595
I keep to the - slightly dated - American rule of "Call me anything you like, but don't call me late for dinner".

As to the best way of learning English, I can only tell you that there are almost as many ways of doing that as there are people who are trying to do that.

The best way is probably to learn it in a country in which it is spoken. Not everybody can do that, unfortunately. When you are young, you can do it at school or university; it is a fairly good and easy way to start on the basics. If you are older, you might try to attend 'Università popolare', as I think it is called in Italy. You will be among people in a similar situation and who are motivated to learn - which is something you won't always find when at school

One thing that helped me a lot in any case was reading: books, short stories, current newspapers, magazines, comics etc. Another thing I found very helpful when I was abroad, was watching TV in that country, especially advertising. It is - in most cases - stupid but easy to understand because they want to sell their products to everybody, not just to well-educated people.

And if there is something you don't understand at all in a story or on TV, you can come here and ask. You'll certainly find someone who will respond, but maybe not within the first two hours.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. (Anon)
sarah71
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 9:45:44 AM

Neurons: 70,919
Ciao Zena, don't worry, here you can always find somebody to help you and Mr IMcRout is one of the most expert and reliable members of this Forum - no flattering IMc, I mean it.

Benvenuto/a!
Sarah

Death is the ultimate dream
jcbarros
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2013 2:27:35 PM

Neurons: 9,052
Non abbiate paura Zena. Qui siamo tutti gente di buona volontá e anche comprensiva. Welcome to the Forum.
Hope2
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:15:22 AM

Neurons: 16,769
Welcome, Zena.

There are several people here who will give you a great deal of help to learn English. They live in different time zones so it may take time for answers to appear. We understood what you wrote and the only way to learn is to keep writing, ask, and then try to remember and learn what people tell you. And then use the information in your writing where possible.

IMcRout is a very good teacher of English for English as a Second Language Learners. There are too many others here who are very good at understanding what you ask and then helping with Vocabulary and Grammar for me to list any others. But you will meet them all for yourself.

Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important. T. S. Eliot
mirilli
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 9:23:37 AM

Neurons: 702,360
IMcRout wrote:
Don't despair, Zena. It has only been two hours and I fear there aren't too many here who speak Italian or have the time to respond quickly. So, just you wait.

In the meantime I'll take a quick look at your English introduction and change a few things.

"hi to all (or Hello, everybody.), I'm a new member of the forum and I want to know if it's possible to hold a conversation / to communicate with somebody in this forum in order to practice my English. I will write in English but I feear that I'll make a lot of mistakes. I am learning English and I can read and understand a lot, but I am not very good at speaking or writing in English. I hope for your help, bye. "

Ciao

BENVENUTO NEL CLUB!Ho lo stesso problema ma, se chiedo informazioni nel forum inglese,mi rispondono sempre.
Non ci si deve vergognare di non sapere ma di non voler sapere!
rogermue
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 9:37:04 AM

Neurons: 34,900
Hello Zena,
have you tried anglais.facile?

You can write in English and they will correct you.
But be very polite and always tell them "thank you".
It is a big French portal and they are a bit stiff about
politeness and they have the typical manners of school
teachers.

I got I kick outside, because I didn't observe the rules.
But, that forum is more for learners and it doesn't give me
anything. But they have a lot of exercises and other entertaining
things. Have a try.

You can even post a message that you would like to have a partner
for corresponding in English and/or in English-Italian. They have
a special category for such messages.

Link

This is the web-page if you want a partner for correspondence in
English
Link
Luis Valdez Aguilar
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 3:03:31 PM

Neurons: 29
Ciao tuti, io sono messicano, parlo spagnolo e inglese ma voglio imparare bene la lingua italiana, per cinque mesi ho studiato l´italiano in scuola, ma allora habito in altra cita, e non posso andare a la scuola per il mio lavoro, alcuno sai una pagina come la che hai raccomandato, ma per imparare italiano

Grazzie
rogermue
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 4:20:35 PM

Neurons: 34,900
Hi Zena, don't be afraid to write in English. Once we were all beginners.
etrusca
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:19:52 AM

Neurons: 58,640
Hi Zena, don't worry for your mistakes, if you don't try you will not learn.
sarah71
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:41:47 AM

Neurons: 70,919
Luis Valdez Aguilar wrote:
Ciao tuti, io sono messicano, parlo spagnolo e inglese ma voglio imparare bene la lingua italiana, per cinque mesi ho studiato l´italiano in scuola, ma allora habito in altra cita, e non posso andare a la scuola per il mio lavoro, alcuno sai una pagina come la che hai raccomandato, ma per imparare italiano

Grazzie

ciao Luis, prova con il sito Memrise.

Death is the ultimate dream
Stefaninoino
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 6:05:16 PM

Neurons: 10
Hi I study english but I have a most difficult. I'm italian guy. Do you can help me for to undestand english language?

Stefaninoino
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 6:12:57 PM

Hi Sarah71 are you italian? You speak most nice italian.
Tú Quắn
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:38:12 AM

IMcRout is a very good teacher of English for English as a Second Language Learners. There are too many others here who are very good at understanding what you ask and then helping with Vocabulary and Grammar for me to list any others.