The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Good fat burning foods? Options
brucekr
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:58:49 AM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/7/2014
Posts: 1
Neurons: 3
Want to incorporate more variet in my diet, any suggestions for the best fat burning foods?
pedro
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:17:09 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/21/2009
Posts: 12,932
Neurons: 58,635
I wonder if this was sponsored http://newsfeed.time.com/2014/01/05/teacher-loses-37-pounds-after-three-month-mcdonalds-diet/

Seriously though, can there be a 'fat burning food'? What it would mean is that it expends more energy eating than it deposits in body fat. Exercise alone would be a better option. Otherwise just follow the mantra- 'eat a bit of everything- not too much- mostly vegetables'.

All good ideas arrive by chance- Max Ernst
thar
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:28:58 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/8/2010
Posts: 15,767
Neurons: 63,047
Foods don't burn fat, people burn fat!

Apparently celery takes more calories to eat, than it provides - but then you have to eat celery, and it is not the greatest exercise in the world!

The fact that people are still coming up with high carb diets and low carb diets and high protein diets and low protein diets, and god knows what else.... just seems to prove there is no magic solution. Eat healthily and with a well balanced diet of food groups and nutrients, enjoy a variety of foods in moderation, exercise well (in moderation) and enjoy life!

But don't start in the New Year! It is the middle of winter (in the north) - it is the time to eat comfort food, and cuddle up in the warm!Whistle
Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 4:27:26 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/16/2013
Posts: 460
Neurons: 53,996
Location: Mexico City, The Federal District, Mexico
No one
You can try drinking water, so your body use the fatty tissue to generate energy. but this is not very healthy
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 6:33:53 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 39,136
Neurons: 284,583
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
Try eating some living Cestoda.


In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 1:29:40 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/20/2013
Posts: 819
Neurons: 350,106
Location: San Diego, California, United States
brucekr wrote:
Want to incorporate more variet in my diet, any suggestions for the best fat burning foods?


I would flip the question around and ask it in this manner - what foods will not generate a fat storage hormonal response?

I think you are in business if you update your paradigm from "fat burning foods" to "foods that don't stimulate a fat storage hormonal response."

In simple terms, insulin is that storage hormone and it is stimulated by the rate at which glucose enters the blood stream and the amount of glucose in the blood stream.

You blood glucose levels related to the amount of carbohydrate you eat and the glycemic index of those carbohydrates.

Don't threaten your body with excess blood glucose by overeating high glycemic carbs and your body won't over produce fat storing / fat locking insulin.

This is a key principle, among others, in the Zone Diet anti-inflammatary lifestyle.

Note - I'm not saying carbs are bad, I'm saying too much and the wrong kinds of carbs are bad. The Zone is all about moderate quality carbs, moderate protein and moderate quality fat eaten at every meal.

The best way to control the opposition is to finance it. Birds of prey have two wings; the left wing & right wing.
Luker4
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 7:05:23 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/19/2013
Posts: 4,153
Neurons: 22,088
Location: Wrocław Pracze, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland
[thar wrote:]
Foods don't burn fat, people burn fat!



Simple and very accurate Applause Applause


Eat what you want, just exercise adequately Whistle
Luker4
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 7:08:55 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/19/2013
Posts: 4,153
Neurons: 22,088
Location: Wrocław Pracze, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland
[Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:]
Try eating some living Cestoda.


or that option Applause
Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:40:00 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 11,062
Neurons: 39,580
Location: Booligal, New South Wales, Australia
More protein, veggies, fruit, less carbs and no sugar, then it doesn't interrupt your daily alcohol intake.
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 2:32:27 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/20/2013
Posts: 819
Neurons: 350,106
Location: San Diego, California, United States
brucekr wrote:
Want to incorporate more variet in my diet, any suggestions for the best fat burning foods?


There is much confusion in this arena.

While it is true that foods don't "burn fat," it is also true that your hormonal response to what you eat can over stimulate insulin, which is a glucose storage hormone that will often convert glucose into body fat and lock body fat in place so as not to allow it to be converted into blood glucose.

A calorie is a calorie is false and has been proven so over a half century ago. The reason is simple... different macronutrients stimulate different hormonal responses and those hormonal responses dictate your body's reaction.

A Calorie is not a Calorie
http://www.colinmcnulty.com/blog/2011/11/22/a-calorie-is-not-a-calorie-is-not-a-calorie/

Based on this information, the best foods to eat are micronutrient dense, pesticide free low glycemic carbs (think organic veggies with small portions of fruit), quality protein and heart healthy fats (NOT industrial fats like corn oil and soy oil... try organic extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, organic butter).

You want to eat these in the right ratio for your hormonal response and the zone diet provides just such a method to determine you optimal ratio.

http://crossfitcharlottesville.com/2009/08/25/zone-diet-for-health-performance-and-crossfit/

http://crossfitfenrir.com/paleozone-dummies-part-ii-step-step-guide-started/

The best way to control the opposition is to finance it. Birds of prey have two wings; the left wing & right wing.
Marva
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 8:15:06 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/4/2014
Posts: 190
Neurons: 2,594
It is definitely 'grain of salt' time here.
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:40:09 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/20/2013
Posts: 819
Neurons: 350,106
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Cheryl Magnuson wrote:
It is definitely 'grain of salt' time here.


Based on your declaration? Seriously? Do you perceive your audience to be idiots because that is the way you treat them when you make declarations in this manner.

If you have pertinent data or logic, do share.

If you opinion is grounded in nescience or ignorance, well, it isn't a valid opinion.

The best way to control the opposition is to finance it. Birds of prey have two wings; the left wing & right wing.
Luker4
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 8:38:35 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/19/2013
Posts: 4,153
Neurons: 22,088
Location: Wrocław Pracze, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland



Whistle Whistle Whistle
tunaafi
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 11:01:04 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/3/2014
Posts: 4,420
Neurons: 53,312
Location: Karlín, Praha, Czech Republic
Trivium_Discipulus wrote:
If you opinion is grounded in nescience or ignorance, well, it isn't a valid opinion.


Were the links you provided to articles in peer-reviewed academic journals? If not, how valid are they? Could it be that they are simply opinions that happen to be in print?
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:42:15 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/20/2013
Posts: 819
Neurons: 350,106
Location: San Diego, California, United States
tunaafi wrote:
Trivium_Discipulus wrote:
If you opinion is grounded in nescience or ignorance, well, it isn't a valid opinion.


Were the links you provided to articles in peer-reviewed academic journals? If not, how valid are they? Could it be that they are simply opinions that happen to be in print?


You can't find what you don't study... that's the point. I don't control billions in research dollars to direct where I want and, sometimes more importantly, away from what I don't want.

This kind of stuff isn't studied in a robust scientific way precisely because the upper level establishment wants to manipulate the outcome for profit (that's what happens, I'm presuming.

It would be honest if the establishment said they didn't know up from down because good research doesn't exist. BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THEY SAID. They claimed to have the answer absent the research you so rightly demand from a guy who doesn't have the financial resources to fund it (if I did, I would).

Yet, you tacitly excuse the people with the money to do the research and the bogus claims from the same requirements - at least in your post to me.

I'm all for some of the trillions of dollars in tax money going to good research that could make us all live healthier (minimize Big Pharma, Big Insurance, Big Medicine profits!) instead of financing al Qaeda, financing Nazi's in the Ukraine to overthrow democratically elected governments and running guns and grenades to drug cartels that launder $100s of billions in drug money through Wachovia and get escorted across US borders by the DEA...

US on Same Side as Al Qaeda
http://stpeteforpeace.org/factsheets/syria.html

Hillary Clinton Admits US and Al-Qaeda On Same Side in Syria
http://www.prisonplanet.com/hillary-clinton-admits-us-and-al-qaeda-on-same-side-in-syria.html

Obama Waives Ban on Arming Terrorists So He Can Aid Syrian Rebels
http://antiwar.com/blog/2013/09/17/obama-waives-ban-on-arming-terrorists-so-he-can-aid-syrian-rebels/

Drug War? American Troops Are Protecting Afghan Opium. U.S. Occupation Leads to All-Time High Heroin Production
http://www.globalresearch.ca/drug-war-american-troops-are-protecting-afghan-opium-u-s-occupation-leads-to-all-time-high-heroin-production/5358053

Documents: Feds allegedly allowed Sinaloa cartel to move cocaine into U.S. for information
http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_18608410

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/apr/03/us-bank-mexico-drug-gangs

Obama admin. let grenades walk in Fast and Furious, documents show
http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/26/obama-admin-let-grenades-walk-in-fast-and-furious-documents-show/

How about you?

The best way to control the opposition is to finance it. Birds of prey have two wings; the left wing & right wing.
Trivium_Discipulus
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:17:11 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/20/2013
Posts: 819
Neurons: 350,106
Location: San Diego, California, United States
tunaafi wrote:
Trivium_Discipulus wrote:
If you opinion is grounded in nescience or ignorance, well, it isn't a valid opinion.


Were the links you provided to articles in peer-reviewed academic journals? If not, how valid are they? Could it be that they are simply opinions that happen to be in print?


To pithily sum up my prior response - you are correct that we need good research and not...

1. An establishment that prevents good research.
2. An establishment that lies about knowing something without said research.
3. A populace that gullibly believes the establishment because, well, they are the establishment (and the basis for Hitler's Big Lie being easy claim, BTW).

There is no peer reviewed proof that fluoride is good for your teeth and safe.

WHY EPA HEADQUARTERS UNION OF SCIENTISTS OPPOSES FLUORIDATION
http://www.nteu280.org/Issues/Fluoride/NTEU280-Fluoride.htm

CDC Admits No Evidence of Fluoride Benefit in Infants
http://dougcragoe.webs.com/apps/documents/

Fluoride Ingestion Correlated With Brain Damage (Reduced IQs) in Infants
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

Oh, and the people perched on top of the nation's monetary system, the de facto ruling class in any society, are bankrupting society through a fraudulently debt based money system.

Debt Money Tyranny
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4768883/debtmoneytyranny-6-1-pdf-60k?tr=77

Poverty - Debt is not a Choice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juQc0rLdB-E

How to be a Crook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oHbwdNcHbc

Renaissance 2.0 - Financial Empire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96c2wXcNA7A

Debunking Money - The Way the World Really Works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_yh4-Zi92Q

That's right - the propaganda is hollow and the worst criminals are perched atop government controlling it in a way that is factually inimical to your interests while lying to you about.

They even brag about lying to you...

"A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason."
~J.P. Morgan

The Debt Money Tyrants' "good reason" is a lie to cover the "real reason" that is very bad for the common people.

The assumed power of groveling to the establishment is illusory and is a key weapon in destroying your society and forcing a neofeudalist system of fraud upon you... or, as Orwell put it, a boot stomping on the face of humanity forever.

The Money Power Seeks to Create a World System of Financial Control in Private Hands Able to Dominate Every Nation on Earth

"In addition to these pragmatic goals, the powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank, in the hands of men like Montagu Norman of the Bank of England, Benjamin Strong of the New York Federal Reserve Bank, Charles Rist of the Bank of France, and Hjalmar Schacht of the Reichsbank, sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."
~Tragedy and Hope, Professor Carroll Quigley (Bill Clinton Mentor, Council on Foreign Relations Historian)

That's who runs the system... feudal lords who want to manipulate and control you all the while duping the dupes so they don't understand The Great Game being played upon them.

"All War is Deception."
~Sun Tzu

PS - I investigate and question - especially the establishment - and I pay very close attention to a mass of anecdotal evidence in areas of research avoided by the establishment (especially areas that won't maximize their profits - their legal corporate mandate!). Based on a stunning experience communicated to by an occupational nurse, I was pointed in the direction of the anti-inflammatory diet and nutrition in general and I'm sure I will be investigating for the rest of my life.

BTW, if I was to maximize chronic inflammation in society (and profits in my own pocket at the expense of humanity), I'd do exactly what the establishment has done... I literally can't substantially improve on their program.

As for my vitals, I'm getting close to 50, my weight is about the same at 18 (a bit less than 6' tall, 170 lbs +/-; esting heartbeat at 58 bpm) and this is after I stopped exercising due to Fukushima blasting radiation over here (I'm going to pick it up pretty soon - the risk of not exercising anymore is likely greater than the risk of dying from Fukushima radiation over the long term).

I weighed a good 15+ lbs. more 15 years ago - before I implemented my always improving anti-inflammatory diet. If I didn't leave that path I might be 200+ lbs. today.

BTW, I love my way of eating. It is very similar to Dr. Wahls.

Minding your mitochondria: Dr. Terry Wahls at TEDxIowaCity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

PS - do you think Big Pharma, Inc. is spending any money investigating why Dr. Wahls' disease abated via nutrition alone (which would minimize Big Pharma's profits)?

Now you know.

TedX even had to put up a "the establishment doesn't condone this video" warning at the beginning.

The best we can do is to question rationally (especially the profit driven establishment) and implement reasonable changes in our own lives and observe the outcome.



The best way to control the opposition is to finance it. Birds of prey have two wings; the left wing & right wing.
Kapil Dua
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:14:46 AM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/17/2014
Posts: 2
Neurons: 6
fat burning foods, you mean foods that have less calories then they burn, right? heres a list:Limes, Lemons, Grapefruit, Tangerines, Oranges, Kiwi, watermelon, cabbage, carrot, apple, blueberries, Non-fat milk, Low-fat yogurt, White (fresh) cheese, broccoli, lettuce, cauliflower, peppers, celery, spinach, tomato, cucumber, apricot, mandarin orange, blackberry, blackcurrant, peaches, plums, raspberry, grapefruit. rhubarb, guava, strawberry, honeydew melon, lemon.
there are a few others, but these are the ones that come to mind. 1/2 a spoon (not sure if it's table or tea, srry) can burn around(is it 1/2 a pound a week?) something like that. but all(well, most) spicy foods will increase your metabolism. also, chewing 20+ times tricks your body so that it thinks there is more food(just a bit, but it helps) and if you don't top moving most of the day, that helps to. just tap your foot, tighten+loosen you muscles, wiggle your fingers, stuff like that. hope this helps!!(and srry for long answer)
dia19
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 2:50:58 AM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 11/5/2014
Posts: 12
Neurons: 50
Location: New Delhi, NCT, India
Fat burning Food are as follows:-
1. Oths
2. Capsicum
3. Honey with Lemon
4. Garlic
5. Cabbage
mollyfer
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 3:54:27 AM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 12/19/2014
Posts: 5
With respect to "fat burning foods," there are three key ideas about nutrition to understand. Namely, the "thermic effect" of food, how to boost your metabolic rate, and the order of macronutrients your body prefers to use.

The three macronutrients of food are proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. However, the caloric cost for your body to use them significantly differs.

In relation to the thermic effect of food, refined (processed) carbohydrates and fats have about a 3% rate, which means that it requires only about 3 calories for your body to use (burn) 100 calories of refined carbohydrates and fats. By that, they are not considered fat burning foods.

Some natural (unprocessed) carbohydrates have about a 20% rate.

Proteins, however, have up to a 30% rate! So, they are considered the best fat burning foods.

Moreover, some proteins are even better than others are. We can call those super-charged proteins!

So, in terms of its thermic effect, protein has twice the power because your body must work harder to process proteins than to process either fats or carbs. (Drinking plenty of water helps your body do this.)

So, eating specific proteins can significantly rev up your metabolism and they are considered the best fat burning foods.

At the bottom of this reply, I have added links to free Internet resources for a list of fat burning foods that speed up metabolism, a list of foods that slow down metabolism, and the feeding frequency in relation to fat burning foods.

I hope this helps.

All my best wishes.
pedro
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 4:33:26 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/21/2009
Posts: 12,932
Neurons: 58,635
links?

All good ideas arrive by chance- Max Ernst
Raparee
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 1:12:40 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/17/2009
Posts: 1,231
Neurons: 18,102
Really, this depends on YOU and YOUR body. I can eat exactly the same thing as another person and gain while they will lose. I do not respond well to higher/processed carbs (almost a gluten sensitivity), so I get the majority of my carbs from veggies and the few OTC foods I find that have an ingredient list that agrees with my lifestyle.

In general, you want to drink more water and water-based drinks (I allow that because hey, practicality). And the fun and often hard part, smaller meals and more of them.

You want to eat more whole foods, which means you cook more because you avoid the preprocessed and over-processed foods in the store. This means you'll wind up cutting out a lot of staple foods like breads, pastas, and the like, as most are severely over-processed. There are, however, very good versions out there that will work for a number of different food lifestyles. You'll probably wind up with higher protein and fiber in your new menu than your previous menu.

You'll want to read labels and avoid things that list multiple sugars (and -ose words) as the vast majority of those sugars are refined, which takes out the good stuff and leaves nothing but sweet, empty calories. If you want sugar or sweeteners, go natural - the first time you try raw sugar, coconut sugar, and the like, you'll probably never go back to that old white standard. The flavors are incredible and because of that, you use so much less. Sugar is in EVERYTHING and it actually tends to overwhelm our taste buds. Go low-sugar long enough and you'll be amazed how much different everything tastes - much more complex - and how overwhelming most desserts become because ALL you taste is sugar, instead of the flavors of the dessert.

As far as foods that supposedly help burn fat? It's more a matter of insulin resistance and how foods impact that aspect of your body chemistry. Supposedly, things like coffee, avocados, olive oil, pumpkins, peanuts, etc., can help with adiponectin levels (there is research on this - so go read and decide for yourself). Those foods will advise whole grains (that's a barrel of fun to research because oh, marketing can get away with so much), fruits and veggies, and low sat fats (NO trans fats).

Don't be afraid of fat - olive, avocado, many nut oils, and coconut oils are all very good for you, and coconut, once the bane of many a menu, actually has medium-chain fatty acids that are fabulously good for you. Avoid margarine. Soy and soybean oil can be problematic as it's an estrogen-mimic and in EVERYTHING as well (particularly mayo and dressings). Soy by itself isn't bad and edamame is good, but like so much in the grocery store, the way we can find it is over-processed and more bad than good.

Maybe that helped a little?


A closed mind is like a closed book - nothing can be gained if either remains closed.
excaelis
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2014 1:53:05 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/30/2010
Posts: 10,981
Neurons: 32,652
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Raparee ? Haven't heard from you in a while, I think.

Sanity is not statistical
randyparker
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 10:44:49 PM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 4/15/2015
Posts: 15
Neurons: 73
Broccoli, oatmeal, brown rice, lean meats, quinoa, green tea, low-fact dairy products, lentils, hot peppers and lots more. They are good fat burning foods.

OrthoTexas, Irving
ellana
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 2:28:42 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/19/2010
Posts: 671
Neurons: 126,161
Location: Roquefort, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Such a debate about 'appropriate' food with so many hungry and undernourished people in this world.
Seleady
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:48:43 AM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 9/29/2016
Posts: 1
Neurons: 8
Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM wrote:
No one
You can try drinking water, so your body use the fatty tissue to generate energy. but this is not very healthy


Agree with your point and doing the same way you have guided.
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:31:14 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/3/2016
Posts: 1,245
Neurons: 66,411
Location: Jandiāla Guru, Punjab, India
There is no fat burning food at all. There is a negative-calorie elixir i.e.pure cold water but it also has some harmful effects. It consumes calories from body to come to normal body temperature.

Me Gathering Pebbles at The Seashore.-Aj
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.