The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

My problems. Options
pljames
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:09:53 AM

Neurons: 15,207
Somebody please tell me how to get over my wife's death, my hard of hearing and my Alzheimer's. I am so dam sick of being sick, people like me lose there mind I am becoming mentally ill. I now see why people like me lose there mind. Thoughts please? Curious-Paul
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2016 1:43:21 PM

Neurons: 437,982
Paul, I don't think anyone on here knows you well enough to advise on how best to deal with your anxieties. You really need face-to-face consultations with a professional person who can assess all your circumstances and who can identify your strengths and weaknesses. It sounds a bit hackneyed to say you are not alone, but it is true. Amongst your friends on this very forum there will be the widowed, the hard of hearing and those who are suffering ill health in some way - perhaps all three at the same time and maybe worse. A hearing aid would help solve one problem, and it is possible to deal with the effects of dementia up to a point. However, the loss of your wife is the hardest to bear and may, in fact, be the cause of the other two problems. Bereavement can do terrible things to our mental and emotional faculties. You certainly need help, Paul, but you can help yourself by helping others. Believe it or not there are people worse than you, and if you can help them deal with their problems - just listening to them will help - you will become stronger in yourself and more able to bear up in face of your misfortune.

I remember, therefore I am.
L.Rai
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:00:10 PM

Neurons: 985,127
pljames:

jacobusmaximus has given you very good advice...read it again and take it to heart. Grief sucks...but it serves a purpose. I am still in grief over the death of my niece back in Sept. 2016. It comes in waves...some days are better and some are worse. As I approach the one year mark it seems at times to be bigger waves, however I know this will pass and in time it will get better. A hearing aid is a good idea, and nothing to fear. Also, please, please talk with a professional. If you can't afford one, you can seek help via services that offer help at reduced rates. If your wife was on hospice, they offer free counseling. Check with some local churches as they also offer help. Most of all DO NOT isolate yourself from "real" people. This forum is okay, but you need "real" people contact. Get out of the house and even if you just do a little work in your yard, you will feel better. Stay active and connected both will help.

"Your life matters more than you will ever know, so live it well"
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:53:38 AM

Neurons: 74,278
Dear Sir, Apart from your medics advice, please look for some good yoga guru. He will teach you meditation and yoga. Its has excellent calming effects on brain. You will be greatly benefited. God will help you. I pray for your improvement.

Me Gathering Pebbles at The Seashore.-Aj