The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Correction of a motivational letter in english Options
essi lem
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2016 1:10:47 PM

Neurons: 8
Bonjour,

J'aurais besoin d'un peu d'aide pour la correction d'une lettre de motivation. Mon niveau d'anglais est plutôt moyen et j'aimerais que cette lettre soit la plus fluide et naturelle possible, ça m'aiderait beaucoup d'avoir la correction de gens bilingues ou du moins plus calés en anglais que moi... :). Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

Voici la lettre :

"Dear Sir, dear Madam,

I heard that you were looking for translators from Estonian to French. Both French and Estonian are my mother tongues and I am currently finishing a Master of Laws in French and German law in *Place*. I would be interested in translating besides my studies, with a preference for legal translations.

I have already some experience in translation, having subtitled Estonian movies into French for a few institutions (the French-Estonian Association, The French Cinematheque). In my studies in French and German law I regularly translate legal texts from German to French.

You will find my CV attached to this e-mail. I hope that my application will be of interest to you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

*Name*"
SandraM
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 3:51:38 AM

Neurons: 1,454
Bonjour essi,

À part le titre (pour autant que je sache "motivational letter" signifie "lettre servant à motiver" et non "lettre de motivation"), votre lettre me semble correcte.
Ceci dit, je ne suis pas anglophone native.
Cela vaut peut-être la peine de vous adresser à un traducteur français-anglais professionnel, futur confrère puisque vous souhaitez vous lancer dans cette carrière.

Bonne continuation dans la belle profession de traducteur.
essi lem
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 12:22:22 PM

Neurons: 8
Merci pour ton avis :). Du coup je pense que je ne vais pas me prendre la tête plus que ça et l'envoyer ainsi.
NKM
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:10:52 PM

Neurons: 192,531
As a native speaker of English, I recommend changing the verb tenses at the beginning of the letter.

- I have heard that you are looking for translators ….