The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Playboy Mansion Sells for $100 Million Options
Chazlee
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:07:43 PM

Neurons: 3,949
It has been reported that the famed Playboy Mansion has just been sold for $100 million. 90 year old Huge Hefner is being allowed to continue to live on the property for the rest of his life in exchange for $1 million a year rent. THe property size is "(approx.) 20,000 square feet plus numerous outbuildings." Additionally, "The sale price included all arcade games and statues on the property," and the original price was $200 million.

I have often wondered what makes any property worth $100 million or more. Yes, people want to live in nice surroundings. Yes, the more one pays for a home it is assumed that the place will be better than if one buys a hovel. Yet, paying $100 million for a home seems excessive, even if the place has an interesting history, such as the Playboy Mansion.

It would be interesting to hear other people's opinion about whether the buyer was wise to pay so much for what is, in the end, just a house sitting on some land.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/playboy-mansion-sells-100-million-next-door-neighbor-182259925.html
Mack R
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 2:28:48 PM

Neurons: 82,212
I feel sure that the lucky buyer of the Playboy Mansion for $100 million is absolutely certain he got a real bargain. The mansion is considerably more than just a home sitting on some land.
TL Hobs
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:32:01 PM

Neurons: 5,443

I guess the new owner is hoping that Mr. Hefner's stable is kept well stocked, now that he has the keys to the front door.

"When you don't know where you are going, you have to stick together just in case someone gets there." - Ken Kesey
Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:17:21 PM

Neurons: 39,544
If those walls could talk,..possible a wardrobe full of well used dressing gowns too?
Ursus Minor
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:42:17 AM

Neurons: 2,321
Tovarish wrote:
If those walls could talk,..

Speaking of big old houses.
When I was a student, my aunt let my live in their mansion. She and her husband went to work in the Middle East and it wasn’t safe to leave the house unattended. So the huge cottage with three bedrooms was at my disposal for one year.
I wasn’t a very diligent student, my parents living 100 miles away. Neither was I limited by strict moral norms.
One night the girlfriend I was sleeping with at the time, returning from the toilet, asked me yawning: Who is that grayhaired old man in the hall? I didn’t pay much attention to her words and went on sleeping. What really shocked me is that in a few months another girl, at night again, asked me: That little old man with a beard in the living-room is he your granddad?
I got up, we went to the living-room, but the ghost dissapeared.
Tovarish
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2016 11:10:47 PM

So the ghost liked the ladies too UM?, great story, did you research who he may have been apart from having an eye for the girls?
Ursus Minor
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 2:30:04 AM

Tovarish wrote:
So the ghost liked the ladies too UM?, great story, did you research who he may have been apart from having an eye for the girls?

I did. The aunty said they had bought the mansion from an old theatre artist, whom she described as a little gray-haired man with a beard. Some of his paintings (portraits of beautiful ladies) still hung in the house.
Tovarish
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 5:05:36 AM

That is a wonderful story UM, so once a Lady's Man always a Lady's Man even in the after life.

Do you warn your ladies now?

Ursus Minor
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 8:16:47 AM

Tovarish wrote:
Do you warn your ladies now?

Shhh That rake is long gone. I am a faithful husband and a loving father now.

The haunted house was sold. I wonder if the ghost still scares the new
owners or went on along his way and settled in the paradise.
Tovarish
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 11:03:36 PM

UM the old reprobate is quite possible already in heaven perving on the girls.