The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Here's more evidence America does not have a gun problem Options
Chazlee
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 7:56:21 AM

Neurons: 3,954
Here's another article which clearly proves, once again, that America Does Not have a gun problem.
"Five family members, including a 2-year-old girl, were found dead in their home in Pennsylvania in what authorities are describing as an apparent murder-suicide... It is unclear who fired the fatal shots and what prompted the killings, but a handgun was discovered near one of the deceased adults, according to the news release."

Guns lovers, once again, please be forewarned that this article includes a photo of a smiling family which you may not want to see.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/girl-2-received-heart-transplant-194505937.html

The carnage continues and shows no signs of stopping.

Peace.

TiMonster
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 8:47:12 AM

Neurons: 11,830
The thing is, it seems impossible to control the gun sale. I think Obama tried but the Congress considers it anticonstitutional because it goes against the 2nd amendment..
Blodybeef
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 9:30:14 AM

Neurons: 274,356
I guess it was Chris Rock who suggested : "We don't need gun control, we need bullet control. If one bullet costs $5000- see if anyone can shoot another.",

Edit : I didn't quote him right, and felt compelled to do so. The whole monologue is properly quoted below :

“… You don’t need no gun control. You know what you need? We need some bullet control. Man, we need to control the bullets, that’s right. l think all bullets should cost $5,000 dollars! Five thousand dollars for a bullet. You know why? ‘Cause if a bullet costs $5,000, there’d be no more innocent bystanders. That’d be it. Every time someone gets shot, people will be like, ”Damn, he must have did somethin’… Shit, they put $5o,000 worth of bullets in his ass!’ People would think before they killed somebody, if a bullet cost $5,000. ‘Man, l would blow your fucking head off, if l could afford it. l’m gonna get me another job, l’m gonna start saving some money…and you’re a dead man! You better hope l can’t get no bullets on layaway!’ So even if you get shot by a stray bullet… you won’t have to go to no doctor to get it taken out. Whoever shot you would take their bullet back…. l believe you got my property.”’

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." ― C.S. Lewis
NKM
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 10:34:36 AM

Neurons: 205,825
That almost makes sense, except that the perps would be stealing the bullets. I doesn't matter how much they cost, as long as you're not going to pay for them.

Chazlee
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 10:50:03 AM

Neurons: 3,954
Blodybeef wrote:
I guess it was Chris Rock who suggested : "We don't need gun control, we need bullet control. If one bullet costs $5000- see if anyone can shoot another.",

Edit : I didn't quote him right, and felt compelled to do so. The whole monologue is properly quoted below :

“… You don’t need no gun control. You know what you need? We need some bullet control. Man, we need to control the bullets, that’s right. l think all bullets should cost $5,000 dollars! Five thousand dollars for a bullet. You know why? ‘Cause if a bullet costs $5,000, there’d be no more innocent bystanders. That’d be it. Every time someone gets shot, people will be like, ”Damn, he must have did somethin’… Shit, they put $5o,000 worth of bullets in his ass!’ People would think before they killed somebody, if a bullet cost $5,000. ‘Man, l would blow your fucking head off, if l could afford it. l’m gonna get me another job, l’m gonna start saving some money…and you’re a dead man! You better hope l can’t get no bullets on layaway!’ So even if you get shot by a stray bullet… you won’t have to go to no doctor to get it taken out. Whoever shot you would take their bullet back…. l believe you got my property.”’

Chris Rock is great!

Peace.
Shulamit
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 2:20:24 AM

Neurons: 48,633
TiMonster wrote:
The thing is, it seems impossible to control the gun sale. I think Obama tried but the Congress considers it anticonstitutional because it goes against the 2nd amendment..

Methinks the difficulty in Congress has more to do with the National Rifle Association's lobbyists and their concern for their coffers than the constitutional analysis of the second amendment. The citizens of the USA are overwhelmingly supportive of some form of gun control,even members of the NRA, but the members of Congress are, shall we say, highly influenced by the gun lobby. Evidently that is to whom the representatives owe their undying loyalty.

Variety is the spice of life. Lack of variety is the spouse of life.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 4:03:58 AM

Neurons: 876,021
Blodybeef wrote:
I guess it was Chris Rock who suggested : "We don't need gun control, we need bullet control. If one bullet costs $5000- see if anyone can shoot another."

If bullets cost $5K each, then we will have instantly created a black market for bullets as it will be less expensive for people to make their own bullets or buy them illegally.
progpen
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:27:14 AM

Neurons: 228,056
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Blodybeef wrote:
I guess it was Chris Rock who suggested : "We don't need gun control, we need bullet control. If one bullet costs $5000- see if anyone can shoot another."

If bullets cost $5K each, then we will have instantly created a black market for bullets as it will be less expensive for people to make their own bullets or buy them illegally.

Trying to make gun ownership uncool by making it expensive will not work. Our country has made gun ownership political, so in order to fix our collective gun problem we will have to take the politics away from gun ownership. Remove the corporate lobbyist control of our local, state and federal governments, then the US arms industry will not be able to politicize the ownership of guns.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum