The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

The killer's coffee Options
TheParser
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2016 10:25:31 AM

Neurons: 21,528
Anders Behring Breivik murdered 77 people in Norway in 2011.

He was sentenced to solitary confinement.

Mr. Breivik is now suing the Norwegian government because he feels that solitary confinement does not respect his human rights.

His solitary confinement occurs in a three-room suite -- with a PlayStation, television and treadmill.

P.S. Mr. Breivik is also upset because he is served cold coffee.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2016 6:49:03 PM

Neurons: 146,702
Now this, I consider to be a waste of the people's money.

There are human rights, I agree.
However, one can give up those rights by acting inhumanly.

Rights imply equivalent duties.

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Maryam Dad
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2016 10:35:49 PM

Neurons: 3,363
Seems like his room is better than mine.
And I like cold coffee.

Kindness is a mark of faith. and whoever is not kind has no faith.
sureshot
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 4:53:34 AM

Neurons: 341,621
Maryam Dad wrote:
Seems like his room is better than mine.
And I like cold coffee.

There are some countries where people commit a crime in order to get better medical facilities in prison. The amenities available in the prison are a bonus. In my opinion, criminals like Anders Behring Breivik have no place on planet earth. Wasting public money on such people is also inhuman. The same money can instead be used to further uplift the living standard of the deprived in the country.

Millions are wasted in providing security to drug lords, murderers, terrorists etc both during the trial period and after conviction. Some start feeling envious of life inside the prison and commit a crime to achieve the benefits at Government's expense.
Intellectually esurient
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2016 4:09:00 AM

Neurons: 1,743
I am currently an American and do realize that many of our laws are quite savage in contrast to those of more developed countries; although, this man should be indicted to the United States for a proper trail. The lenience of the Norwegian correction system sickens me, as to let Anders Behring Breivik live after killing 77 individuals. The proper sentence for this degenerate would be to sentence him to lethal injection. May God judge him accordingly.

"The fortunes' of life are found in books!"
Chazlee
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 4:16:07 AM

Neurons: 3,949
TheParser wrote:
Anders Behring Breivik murdered 77 people in Norway in 2011.

He was sentenced to solitary confinement.

Mr. Breivik is now suing the Norwegian government because he feels that solitary confinement does not respect his human rights.

His solitary confinement occurs in a three-room suite -- with a PlayStation, television and treadmill.

P.S. Mr. Breivik is also upset because he is served cold coffee.

While I am positive there are many imprisoned people all over the world who would change places with this man in a heartbeat, and even some who are free but have a difficult life, we must consider that he is, in all likelihood, mentally ill, and thus he probably thinks he should not even be in prison at all. (I think only a deranged person would kill so many people). However, one could argue that while having games and exercise equipment is great, and he is indeed lucky to have those things, people desire human interaction with others. If most of his contact is with the prison staff, then he probably feels really isolated. Yet, he caused this to happen, and so I think he has to live with the consequences of his actions.