The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

‪Please Help to translate from English into Dutch!‪ ‬ Options
berrynick
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 3:22:55 PM

Neurons: 10
Hello,

I'm struggling to translate these sentences/phrases into Dutch and would appreciate if someone could please help.

Highly competent in managing, panel beating, spray painting, mechanical, manufacturing and general engineering.
Thirty eight years working experience that demonstrates exceptional skills.

Good experience in Panel Beating, Spray Painting, Mechanical Manufacturing, Sheet Metal, Lathe, Welding, Factory Maintenance Problem Solving, Fault finding
Training of Workers
Bicycle repairs & sales
Planning, organising and Scheduling Skills
Highly effective team player, capacity to work under pressure Deliver work of a high standard

Thank you
Gaary
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:01:51 AM

Neurons: 34,759
berrynick wrote:
Hello,

I'm struggling to translate these sentences/phrases into Dutch and would appreciate if someone could please help.

Highly competent in managing, panel beating, spray painting, mechanical, manufacturing and general engineering.
Thirty eight years working experience that demonstrates exceptional skills.

Good experience in Panel Beating, Spray Painting, Mechanical Manufacturing, Sheet Metal, Lathe, Welding, Factory Maintenance Problem Solving, Fault finding
Training of Workers
Bicycle repairs & sales
Planning, organising and Scheduling Skills
Highly effective team player, capacity to work under pressure Deliver work of a high standard

Thank you

I'm sorry, I didn't notice this message untill just now.
I will try to translate those words for you, although some seem a bit out of context to me?

For example: competent in managing what exactly? I don't think I could give you a translation without knowing what you mean exactly. You are competent in "mechanical"... in doing what with mechanics? You mean you have mechanical skills? Being competent in manufacturing also sounds a bit broad to me. Manufacturing what from what with what? Or did you mean "mechanical manufacturing" like in the third sentence? "Mechanical engineering" would be "werktuigbouwkunde", or if you are a Mechanical engineer, you are a "werktuigbouwkundige".

Here's my first try, though:

"Bedreven in managen*, uitdeuken, verfspuiten, mechanische producties** en algemene werktuigbouwkunde***.
Werkervaring van 38 jaar, waaruit bijzondere vaardigheden zijn gebleken.

Veel ervaring met uitdeuken, verfspuiten, mechanische producties, metaalplaten, draaibanken****, lassen, fabrieksonderhoud en probleemoplossing, het vinden van defecten.
Training geven*****
Fietsreparaties en -verkoop
Vaardig in het plannen, organiseren en maken van roosters
Goede teamspeler, kan onder druk presteren en levert werk van een hoge kwaliteit"

Hope this helps :).

*(managing what though? Feels strange to write such a social skill in a list of working skills)
** mechanical productions, or mechanical manufactures... hope this is wat you meant.
*** "engineering" on itself can be translated in many different words. But it seems this is a skill far greater than just processing the materials? Isn't this the one competence you should name first?
**** lathe = draaibank... but isn't that more used for pottery/wood productions? Materials you don't mention here at all...?
***** I think specifying the kind of training you can give would be best.