The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Medical article phrase Options
Natalia Mar
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:49:14 PM

Neurons: 3
Hi there! I've got this tricky phrase to translate into Russian:
"Approximately 30% of the patients with primary breast cancer who have no axillary lymph node involvement (i.e., lymph node negative) at the time of surgery will relapse within 10 years..."

I need your opinions specifically on the lymph node negative word combination. I came up with this in Russian:
"Около 30% пациентов с первичным раком молочной железы без вовлечения подмышечных лимфатических узлов (т.е. с негаивными лимфатическими узлами) на момент проведения операции, имеют рецидив в течение 10 лет..."

My language mentor did not approve негативные лимфатические узлы. Как это сказать правильно по-русски в данном контексте?
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:18:07 PM

Neurons: 46,421
I can't help with Russian but you do understand the English OK? The brackets explain the phrase directly before it. It means that even when the tests were negative for cancer in the lymph nodes that did not mean that the cancer had not spread, as it returned in 30% of the cases. (My friend just found out she is one of the 30%.)

So it means tests were negative for cancer in the lymph nodes. Hope you get the Russian words needed.

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning. - Bill Watterson
Elena Pantazi
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2015 8:39:04 PM

Neurons: 158,712
незатронутые (вспомогательные) лимфоузлы