The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Need translation of a few lines Options
Executive
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:47:17 AM

Neurons: 10
Hi can someone translate the subtitles for a video talking about Rav Pinto who allegedly predicted 9/11 terror attacks. I put the images and here is the video.
Thanks

EDIT: the picture where not in order, I fixed it

MiTziGo
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:24:58 PM

Neurons: 6,142
See my attempt at translating in red below each image.
Also, I watched the video and it looked to me like your screengrabs were still a little out of order, so I reorganized it to match the video.

Executive wrote:
Hi can someone translate the subtitles for a video talking about Rav Pinto who allegedly predicted 9/11 terror attacks. I put the images and here is the video.
Thanks

EDIT: the picture where not in order, I fixed it

Therefore, Suki (this is the name of the student being interviewed) also shares with us a story about the powers of the rabbi.

According to his words, the rabbi predicted the attacks of the 11th of September before their occurrence.

We went with the rabbi, and we saw the Twin Towers

And the honorable rabbi asked: "What are these buildings?"

And we said that these are nearly the tallest buildings in America.

The honorable rabbi said to us like this, "Disaster..."

I'm telling you this, and truly I'm moved/flustered by it.

The honorable rabbi said: "A large disaster of airplanes is going to happen here."

And in days, the great disaster and tragedy happened.

(Interviewer) So what, he sees the future?
How do you explain it?

The honorable rabbi has powers that defy explanation.

I don't even know how to explain them.

(Interviewer) Are there also mistakes?

(Interviewer) Instances where he thinks something will happen and something else happens?
Executive
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:23:35 PM

Neurons: 10
Thanks for the translation Michal. What do you think about the story, does it sound legit or some sort of scam?

EDIT : WHat does he say in the last frame? Does he say the rabbi is never wrong?

MiTziGo
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:42:28 PM

"This we have not yet seen."
MiTziGo
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:47:07 PM

It is hard to know. The adherent is telling the story without, as far as I saw from the portion of the clip I watched, any outside corroboration of his claim. They don't even ask the rabbi if he agrees that he made this prediction. The rabbi is a known Kabbalist, and there are those who believe that Kabbalists have access to certain knowledge that is obscured from the rest of us. I, personally, tend to be a skeptic in these matters.
One A
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:55:22 AM

Neurons: 8
Cod you help me you translate a short hebrew sentence please? I saw it in a picture but i don t know how to upload the image here...
One A
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:02:17 PM

Neurons: 8
I just added the pic in my image profile, was the only way i knew how to upload it..... Sorry for this and thanks in advance for your help!
MiTziGo
Posted: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 1:40:40 AM

Sorry One A, the pic is way too small for me to see to translate. Here is a thread that explains how to do certain things on the forums, including inserting an image into a post. If you can post a larger version, I'll do my best to help translate. (Also, it sounds like what you are asking is totally unrelated to the existing thread, so I'd recommend starting a new one in this Hebrew subforum. To do so, when you are on this page click the grey "New Topic" button near the upper right side of the page and fill in the subject line and post box.) Good luck!