The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Clarify spoken statement on French radio tape (& translation) Options
KMPageau
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:20:11 PM

Neurons: 193
At about 3 minutes 20 seconds into the following tape of a radio show, which I am trying to translate for personal non-paid research, the man speaks so fast and slurs etc., that I can't quite make out what he is saying. My mother tongue is English; I don't have a good French ear.

Source: http://archives.radio-canada.ca/emissions/578-6159/page/10/

My attempted French transcript:

Quote:
Pour pouvoir (aller réussir) un programme comme celui-là, il faut avoir une force réelle, et cette force réelle c’est un appui réel de la population. Or, xxxxx l’appui réel de la population – euh – bon, le PQ ne l’a pas – c’est à se demander si effectivement il peut l’avoir. Ce serait peut-être souhaitable qu’il l’ait. Mais, euh – ce qu’il y a de remarquable au Québec, c’est le groupements de mouvements populaires, qui d’abord (donner beaucoup) toutes les organisations que (si les encadrer).

My attempted English translation:

Quote:
To be able to carry off a program like that, there must be real strength, and this real strength is the support of the population. Now, (as to) the support of the population, uh, okay, the PQ doesn’t have it. The question is whether they can in fact have it. It might well be desirable that they have it. But, uh – what is remarkable in Quebec, is the groups of working-class movements, which first of all (donner a lot ) all the organizations que (si les framework).

Thanks if you can help me to clarify this. Appreciate it.
SandraM
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:24:45 AM

Neurons: 1,444
KMPageau wrote:
c’est le groupements de mouvements populaires, qui d’abord (donner beaucoup) toutes les organisations que (si les encadrer).

I think he says "mouvements populaires qui débordent de beaucoup toutes les organisations qui essaient de les encadrer."
Good luck.