The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Translation of longer sentence... Options
prehanka
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:49:54 PM

Neurons: 15
Hi, could you please help me with the translation of this sentence? I have to translate it to my final dissertation so it has to be good translation (.. and I have to say that I´m quite lost ..)Silenced

In July of that year, the European Parliament issued a favourable opinion to the European Commission regarding the candidacy of Mons. From there, it was only a matter of receiving the approval of the European Ministers of Culture for the decision to become official. And that is what has taken place today.
SandraM
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 4:29:50 AM

Neurons: 1,454
Hi prehanka,
I'm a little confused: do you want this translated into French? Parts of it, especially the last sentence, sound like they were originally written in French before being translated into English...
Anyway, it could read something like this:
En juillet de cette année-là, le Parlement européen a transmis à la Commission européenne un avis favorable à la candidature de Mons. À ce stade, il ne s'agissait plus, pour que la décision devienne officielle, que de recevoir l'accord des ministres européens de la culture. C'est ce qui s'est passé aujourd'hui.
prehanka
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 8:59:07 AM

Neurons: 15
Hello SandraM,

thank you very much for your help. It´s possible, that this sentence was originally writen in French, but I found only this English version and I needed to translate it.

So thank you very much for the translation!:)