The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

FYI- A geopolitical earthquake has shaken US leadership in the world — Russia and China stand to ben Options
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:39:34 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/4/2016
Posts: 922
Neurons: 4,539
Location: Moscow, Moscow, Russia
FounDit wrote:

It's an infection. We need to give it a name. Let's call it "dumb-ass syndrome"...Whistle



Or alternatively I guess one might say the world has caught talents.

This is the euphemism I've heard more often used by globalists when they refer to each other.
FounDit
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:07:25 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 12,026
Neurons: 59,911
Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
FounDit wrote:

It's an infection. We need to give it a name. Let's call it "dumb-ass syndrome"...Whistle



Or alternatively I guess one might say the world has caught talents.

This is the euphemism I've heard more often used by globalists when they refer to each other.


Well, they would, wouldn't they? But I think my label is more accurate.


We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:30:00 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,916
Neurons: 51,108
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Really nice of you to help LD with his stress levels, FD.

I'm glad to see that you now believe in climate models! Whistle

This model may/possibly explain the formation of past ice ages. Of course humans won't be around to see the next one as they'll be fried by then if it remains business as usual. Fossil fuel business as usual. See next post.

LD perhaps you could put in a word for the rest of us?

Both links are from the same source - the first link expands on your study, FD; the second is about Antarctica too.


https://phys.org/news/2019-10-antarctic-sea-ice-key-triggering.html

https://phys.org/news/2019-08-big-ocean-carbon-dioxide-absorption.html


The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:36:21 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,916
Neurons: 51,108
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
If anything science predictions have underpredicted how fast things are moving.

I included several sources of the same story so maybe you can find a source you approve of. Thousands of scientists sign a letter saying there is a clear and unequivocal emergency re climate change.


Climate change: ‘Clear and unequivocal’ emergency, say scientists https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50302392

It asks the question: What about human population growth?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/clear-and-unequivocal-thousands-of-scientists-sign-letter-on-climate-crisis-1.4670800


https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

https://www.bbc.com/news/correspondents/mattmcgrath

Edited to add: Just in: Honolulu, Hawaii will sue fossil fuel companies for deceiving the public about climate change, and seek adaptation costs for O’ahu taxpayers


The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 5:38:21 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/4/2016
Posts: 922
Neurons: 4,539
Location: Moscow, Moscow, Russia
FounDit wrote:

Well, they would, wouldn't they? But I think my label is more accurate.


I think they go together, like fever and flu.
The dumb-ass syndrome is caused by colonies of talents located primarily in sensitive world centers aiming at intercepting body controls and disabling the immunity. Dancing
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 6:27:14 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/4/2016
Posts: 922
Neurons: 4,539
Location: Moscow, Moscow, Russia
Thanks for the articles, Hope!

The ones in your first post report on scientists' progress in trying to understand the causes and mechanisms for the repreated onsets, intermitted by relatively short periods of withdrawals, of glaciers, which have been taking place on our planet for the last 2,5 million years. As we find ourselves in the middle of one of such withdrawals, this knowledge may be critically important in the face of a possible new global cooling, with all its related devastating consequences. So it's good to know scientists are working on this problem.

The articles in your second post, on the other hand, seem to suggest that we (the planet) may actually be on a path away from this glacier doom. Which news I would think should be met with a sigh of great relief. Quite surprisingly, however, this data is instead used to spur panic about climate change / global warming. This contradiction I could never understand. Where these anti-climate change people really come from remains a mistery to me. Is it just about not wanting to spend more money on air conditioning somewhere in the Middle East or elsewhere?? No, no, I am sure it can't be that simple, can it? Oh, well, and then I suppose some want to trade in various environmental quotas... Is this part of the reason, too? I hope somebody at some point studies this story in detail and makes conclusions public, it should be an interesting case. Some true science at the base, with layers upon layers of all kinds of BS built up on it.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 10:59:57 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,916
Neurons: 51,108
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Hi Kirill.

I don't see anywhere in the first story that that ice age you are expecting is going to happen any time soon. It is all about what MIGHT HAVE happened millions of years ago. It does not even mention that it MIGHT happen again in who knows how many millions of years later and if, if, if. Too little too late.

The article says: Their model shows how the increase in Antarctic sea ice in a colder climate could trigger a waterfall of changes that could contribute to tipping the global climate into glacial periods. So you need a colder climate to begin with for that to happen and all data today says this is the warmest year ever pretty much everywhere.

People ARE making money in the green energy field. Nothing wrong with that. In fact it is a good field to get into because the switchover to green IS happening. It will take time for the switch but people have stopped questioning why and the advisability of doing something and are now focused on what and how to do it. All of course except those whose businesses are dependent upon fossil fuels, because trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars have already been made in the fossil fuel industry and they don't want to lose that. That is why they have put out the anti climate propaganda for years.

The human population growth factor is an interesting concept to me at a time when they are having anti abortion protests and international conferences (to which the US sent a delegation) for the sole purpose of devising ways to get more women to become pregnant more often.

BTW - My GUESS is that FounDit's post re an ice age was tongue-in-cheek.





The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 11:57:21 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 12,026
Neurons: 59,911
Hmm, a few things on Climate Change caught my eye in the last couple of days. We, the U.S., have intelligently, and properly, IMO, officially withdrawn from the ridiculous Paris Climate Accords. It is a toothless agreement that both China and India ignored and were given a pass from joining, and an agreement that is completely unenforceable for countries that did agree to it, but fail to live up to it. It is a "fee-good" piece of silliness.

Then shortly afterwards, I saw a news report of a city in India that has air pollution so bad you could hardly see a hundred yards in front of you. Nearly everyone was wearing masks, and people are having respiratory problems, especially older folks. China and India are two countries that are the worst polluters on the planet, but the environmental whacko's give them a pass. The focus is on the cleanest countries - namely the Western ones.

It's rather like have an intersection in India where people are constantly being injured or killed in accidents, and demanding that people in the U.S., the U.K. and Europe stop driving to solve the problem. That's about the intelligence level we have to deal with on Climate Change.


We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 5:48:20 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,916
Neurons: 51,108
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Air pollutions is not the only symptom, FD. The whole world is feeling the beginnings of many negative effects already.

But yes, I get you. When you look at the emissions of developing countries versus those that have already gone through the large numbers, it does not seem fair that little Canada should be paying for carbon pollution here, which we have just started to do and people are crying blue murder, when we contribute a small amount to the total pollution of the world. And as you say the US is not like India - although in the seventies just riding in a car with the windows closed in LA the pollution made me sick to my stomach. Literally. I have not been back since so don't know how they fare today with the busiest highway in North America.

However, I digressed. Looking at a country's total carbon emissions alone doesn't tell the full story of the country's contribution to global warming.


https://www.theguardian.com/environment/datablog/2009/sep/02/carbon-emissions-per-person-capita

Per capita Canada, US, Australia etc,, the developed countries, have a much higher per capita emission than developing countries so we don't get a complete pass. We can use our pocketbook to make industries manufacture less polluting products and the wraps they put them in. And individuals can do small changes that don't really inconvenience us but collectively make a difference. One or two meatless dinners, use glass instead of plastic for storage, take your own water bottle and grocery bags, insulate your home better and so forth. Better for our health too as well as for the environment.

Next car we get, if there even is one, will be electric. Not perfect but better.




The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 5:20:44 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/4/2016
Posts: 922
Neurons: 4,539
Location: Moscow, Moscow, Russia
Hope123 wrote:
I don't see anywhere in the first story that that ice age you are expecting is going to happen any time soon. It is all about what MIGHT HAVE happened millions of years ago. It does not even mention that it MIGHT happen again in who knows how many millions of years later and if, if, if. Too little too late.


No, your interpretation is not accurate.

They do say:
For example, we're currently in a break between ice ages; for the past two-and-a-half million years, glaciers have periodically covered the Earth and then retreated. Scientists, therefore, have been piecing together clues about how this process of glaciation works and how it's triggered.


Now, if you combine this information with that available from other sources, you will find that the periodicity of these glacier expansions and retreats has been approximately 100-120 thousand years. Roughly speaking, 100 thousand years of ice age is followed by a relatively warm inter-glacial 10-20 thousand years long, and then a new glacial comes. We are currently in the middle of one of the inter-glacial periods.

As the article says, these cycles have been in place for 2,5 million years, so it is only reasoanble to expect a new climate cooling and expansion of glaciers in the likely horizon of 5-10 thousand years, unless by that time the humanity finds a way to avoid it (or survive through a 100 thousand years glacial, which would be an even harder task perhaps).

Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 5:47:25 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/4/2016
Posts: 922
Neurons: 4,539
Location: Moscow, Moscow, Russia
As to the air pollution in India and many other countries, the problem is not only the amount of air pollution. It is what exactly it consists of, i.e. how clean those emissions are.

These are two different issues, which are being intentionally messed up so general public doesn't get it.

They keep talking about emission of CO2. But CO2 and water vapour are the cleanest possible types of emissions of all. So the real priorities are:

1. Make sure the emissions are clean. The cleanest possible are H2O and CO2. This requires technologically advanced production and waste purification processes. Developped countries are relatively more advanced in this respect compared to many less developed ones.

2. Once technology is clean, i.e. we emit only CO2 and H2O, we are back to question whether these latter types of emissions should be reduced. On the surface they shouldn't, because neither of these substances has any harmful effect on biosphere (in fact, both are good for plants). But, of course, it's been ardently argued that since they are greenhouse gases, their emission by humans contributes to greenhouse effect and affects the climate, so we are back to question whether this is good or bad, and the importance of antropogenic factors in evolution of the climate, etc.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 11:22:54 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,916
Neurons: 51,108
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Kirill, we may well be in between ice ages. But where does it say in any article about an ice age that it will happen any time soon? As in the next couple of hundred years because that is what is needed. Scientists should not keep trying to get us to pay attention by giving deadlines because the process is gradual and when the thin red line is not crossed on time, people doubt. We don't know exactly when that line will be crossed but I doubt an ice age in ten to twenty thousand years is going to cut it for life as we know it if you are counting on that.

It also does not factor in human activity.

Agree about need to lower the chemicals and toxic metals in the air so we can breathe and not absorb them into our systems for health reasons - not just in India but everywhere, but if you want to believe that excess CO2 and water in the atmosphere that natural cycles cannot handle is not a problem, be my guest.

But what is the big deal about every human being on earth doing their little bit to reduce their carbon footprint in small ways that will add up? Also some countries have already proven that government policies going green can be done without ruining the economy and jobs - in fact it actually helped. It is worth trying instead of just throwing up our hands. At the very least we'd be able to mitigate some of the problems.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
LogicDefined
Posted: Saturday, November 9, 2019 10:42:00 PM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/22/2015
Posts: 23
Neurons: 35,009
Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
Lotje1000 wrote:
Man... This must be one truly global conspiracy against Trump.


Depending on which side of the argument you're on, you may think this is a good thing or a bad thing.
But a global conspiracy is certainly there.


There is definitely a coup to take out a duly-elected by the people President of the United States which is treason. Many are about to be exposed, and very soon. Nothing can compare since the beginning of our nation.


Wrong is wrong if everyone does it; Right is right if no one does it; and ALL are held accountable.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, November 9, 2019 11:00:22 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/26/2014
Posts: 745
Neurons: 1,154,502
LogicDefined wrote:
Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
Lotje1000 wrote:
Man... This must be one truly global conspiracy against Trump.


Depending on which side of the argument you're on, you may think this is a good thing or a bad thing.
But a global conspiracy is certainly there.


There is definitely a coup to take out a duly-elected by the people President of the United States which is treason. Many are about to be exposed, and very soon. Nothing can compare since the beginning of our nation.


Repeating a lie doesn't make it true no matter how many times you do it.

Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
I've heard that rumor several times before. It's the epitome of fake news! little donny has admitted that he benefited from Russia's interference in the 2016 election. Duly elected? What a farce!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/politics/donald-trump-russia-robert-mueller/index.html
LogicDefined
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2019 12:05:36 AM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/22/2015
Posts: 23
Neurons: 35,009
Hope123 wrote:
It’s simple. Either you’re fine with a President bribing a foreign country to help you win an election (2020) or you’re not. If you’re fine with it then you’re fine to junk the Constitution and destroy 243 years of self rule.

You state your comments as it they are proven facts. They aren't. The "facts" you state believing to be true are lies the lying media report. Many Americans have not listened to mainstream media in years because we know they've haven't reported the truth about anything since the Deep State (yeah, they've been around for a long time) conspired and carried out the assassination of J.F. Kennedy.

Now Trump's trying to bribe the Republican party to side with him on his impeachment.

If you really want to know what Trump is really doing, listen to him, not the media. Then compare what the media says he said against what he really said. It's really that simple.

As well, Mueller made it clear he did not exonerate Trump for obstruction of justice. He just didn't indict a sitting president.

Please find Mueller's quote and listen to it again. He didn't mention Trump's name, did he? He found obstruction and collusion, alright. But it wasn't Trump who obstructed or colluded. What he found was the crime was committed by the Democrats, plus many other things, such as quid pro quo with the Carisma Gas Company. I found this video on YouTube and surprising, one of your favorites reported it. Read the comments, too, to get an idea of what AMERICANS really think. Shocker!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_sdTC7Anw

Dozens of Republicans are sitting in on the hearings yet several Republicans, some of those who had already been attending, obstructed justice by staging an illegal sit-in - with their electronic devices with them against the rules.

Adam Schiff, the biggest liar in the Democrat Party is holding a kangaroo court. His lady, Nancy Pelosi is a mobster. Well, they are all are members of the Mafia. Republicans refuse to play his stupid game. I was about to say that he, Adam, is stupid, but he is not. He knows exactly what he's doing. But he is a desperate man. Who knows what skeletons are lurking in his closet? We will know by Thanksgiving.

Thar says something to the effect in another thread, that it is all incredible and very sad what is happening to America and all its people, and I agree.


Well, I am glad you at least acknowledge that something isn't right. It isn't Trump. Please watch the video.

Wrong is wrong if everyone does it; Right is right if no one does it; and ALL are held accountable.
LogicDefined
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2019 12:17:01 AM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/22/2015
Posts: 23
Neurons: 35,009
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
LogicDefined wrote:
Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
Lotje1000 wrote:
Man... This must be one truly global conspiracy against Trump.


Depending on which side of the argument you're on, you may think this is a good thing or a bad thing.
But a global conspiracy is certainly there.


There is definitely a coup to take out a duly-elected by the people President of the United States which is treason. Many are about to be exposed, and very soon. Nothing can compare since the beginning of our nation.


Repeating a lie doesn't make it true no matter how many times you do it.

Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
I've heard that rumor several times before. It's the epitome of fake news! little donny has admitted that he benefited from Russia's interference in the 2016 election. Duly elected? What a farce!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/politics/donald-trump-russia-robert-mueller/index.html


Listen to the video again very closely. This is how the media spins its narrative. At the very end, Mueller says "There was definitely interference from Russia", but he doesn't elaborate from WHOM or WHICH SIDE!!! I will tell you. It was from Hillary Clinton and George Soros!! It's all about to come out. Most Americans are praying that nothing happens to our President before it does. There have already been several attempts on his life.

Wrong is wrong if everyone does it; Right is right if no one does it; and ALL are held accountable.
LogicDefined
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2019 1:39:53 PM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/22/2015
Posts: 23
Neurons: 35,009


https://twitter.com/i/status/1193312381918732290





Wrong is wrong if everyone does it; Right is right if no one does it; and ALL are held accountable.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2019 6:13:25 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/26/2014
Posts: 745
Neurons: 1,154,502


Romany
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 6:43:40 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/14/2009
Posts: 15,876
Neurons: 50,252
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Whether or not you "believe in" climate change, why not take a break for a minute and watch this vid.

https://bit.ly/34RuNEU

Relax. This guy isn't a scientist; he wouldn't know a Republican from a Democrat; and he isn't even talking about America. He's part of the same Force as my nephew: they're both firefighters.

This guy is in New South Wales where they're fighting a firewall 1,000km long. My nephew is in Queensland, where the tropical rainforests which protect the coastal plane...where most of Australia's population lives...are burning for the first time. And I don't suppose for a single second they either know or passionately care right at this time of their lives about graphs and penguins.

Just as in Swiss villages, civillion fire-fighting brigades in towns all over the country take the same risks - on a completely voluntary basis - as the proffessionals. So many people I know are, once again, fighting alongside them.

This is just an ordinary bloke talking about what's going on right now, and about his job. Which, when you watch him, he'll still be out doing. Along with a whole lot of ordinary people, just like you and me, and who are real and loved.This is how things are going for them at the moment.
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:36:33 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/4/2016
Posts: 922
Neurons: 4,539
Location: Moscow, Moscow, Russia
Forests are burning around the globe this year. In Russia some of the alleged "wildfires" have already been proven to have been started deliberately (by arsens). I wonder if this may be the case in other places, too.

Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:33:02 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,916
Neurons: 51,108
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
Forests are burning around the globe this year. In Russia some of the alleged "wildfires" have already been proven to have been started deliberately (by arsens). I wonder if this may be the case in other places, too.



Hi Kirill.

Reports are that some fires in Russia were started to conceal illegal logging.

There are all kinds of causes of fires, including human carelessness as well as malicious intent. Lightning, electricity lines, and so forth.

But fires intensify, and spread in hot, dry weather as "warmer temperatures make fires more likely, and burning forests release greenhouse gas pollution that makes global warming worse.

This means that overall efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and slow global warming will also help prevent forest fires. And on the other hand, working to reduce the number and severity of forest fires will also help slow climate change."

https://climateatlas.ca/forest-fires-and-climate-change


The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
Romany
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:28:54 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/14/2009
Posts: 15,876
Neurons: 50,252
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Kirill -

You obviously didn't read the link, did you? Of course there are fires that start for different reasons. That has nothing to do with what the people whose job it is to fight fires are talking about. (And btw. though they are called "wildfires" in the USA, they're called "bushfires" elsewhere).

Whatever they're called, in Australia, America, parts of Africa and elsewhere, they are, as the whole article emphasises "unprecedented". There is simply no precedent for fighting a firewall thats 1,000k long.
LogicDefined
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 2:45:51 AM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/22/2015
Posts: 23
Neurons: 35,009
For all who are interested in the attempt to impeach and remove our President from his duly-elected position receiving over 80 million votes from the citizens of the United States. This comment was posted in defense of one of my posts.

Glenn Bell: Here is a summary for those of you who care to know the REAL reason why the House of Representatives are calling for impeachment of President Trump. Hunter Biden is former Vice-President Joe Biden’s son. He is 45 years old with a long history of drug abuse. Hunter Biden was kicked out of the military in 2014 for testing positive for cocaine. Shortly after that he was appointed to the board of directors of Burisma, Ukraine’s largest private producer of gas.

Two weeks before he was appointed, his father the Vice President of the United States encouraged Ukrainian leaders to place him on their board. Hunter Biden has ZERO experience or knowledge in the gas industry or in the Ukraine. He was paid $50,000 a month for his position on the board and a money transfer of 3 MILLION dollars was made from the Ukraine through Latvia, Cyprus, and finally to the US into accounts owned by Hunter Biden.

The top prosecutor in the Ukraine was investigating corruption and was getting ready to interview Hunter Biden regarding his dealings with Burisma and the apparent money laundering of the 3 million dollars. Before hunter Biden could be interviewed Joe Biden leaned on the Ukrainian government and threatened to withhold over 250 MILLION in US foreign aid unless the prosecutor was fired. The prosecutor was fired. The investigation into hunter Biden and Burisma ended, the Ukraine got the financial aid.
Hunter Biden was also involved in a deal with China where his father the Vice President was working on US business. This deal netted hunter Biden over 1.5 BILLION dollars! That story will bust wide open next. I mean what would cause China to hand over 1.5 BILLION dollars to a known drug addict who just happens to be the son of the Vice-President? Think that through America. It gets worse!!
The Vice-President Joe Biden took his son Hunter on Air Force Two with him to China in 2013. Ten DAYS after that trip, the Bank of China signed this deal with Hunter Biden’s company for over a 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS!! Some of this money went to a company called Henniges who makes very sensitive military equipment for the US military.

Wanna know who else was involved in the China deal as Hunter Biden’s Partners? You can’t make this stuff up people! While John Kerry was Secretary of State his stepson Chris Heinz and mob boss Whitey Bulger’s nephew Billy Bulger we’re partners in the company along with Hunter Biden. Wow right? The sons of the two most prominent decision makers in America!! How did that escape scrutiny!!
Amazing how the media isn’t even a tiny bit interested in this, and how as soon as it starts getting reported, they start impeachment proceedings against President Trump! They are hoping no one is paying attention, that the American people are too stupid, lazy, indifferent, and apathetic to pay attention. Don’t be one of those Americans. For goodness sake wake up and start actually thinking again instead of letting the media tell you what and when to be outraged about. Good grief what has happened to critical thinking?? Do most people even know they are merely pawns?


Wrong is wrong if everyone does it; Right is right if no one does it; and ALL are held accountable.
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 3:12:59 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/4/2016
Posts: 922
Neurons: 4,539
Location: Moscow, Moscow, Russia
LogicDefined wrote:
Good grief what has happened to critical thinking??


It's being deliberately eradicated, beginning from elementary school. E.g. they teach children how to add 1/2 + 1/3 technically, but they don't say why you do it that way.

Don't ask why things are the way they are, just remember and follow patterns fed into your brain by somebody else. This turns human beings from independent actors into a flock of sheep.

And I guess it is only a small "elite" that is supposed to know why and how. I don't know about the rest of you, guys, but I am deeply against this approach. I don't like it at all, even if I personally were offered a place in that "elite". There's something fundamentally wrong about it, and this world is going to land in a really bad place if it keeps going this way.
Lotje1000
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 3:17:31 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/3/2014
Posts: 1,085
Neurons: 589,873
Location: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
LogicDefined wrote:
They are hoping no one is paying attention, that the American people are too stupid, lazy, indifferent, and apathetic to pay attention. Don’t be one of those Americans. For goodness sake wake up and start actually thinking again instead of letting the media tell you what and when to be outraged about. Good grief what has happened to critical thinking?? Do most people even know they are merely pawns?


Words to live by. These days too many facts are drowned out by empty slogans ("Make America great again") and chants ("Lock her up!") or newsreports that only focus on the select few points of outrage that support their position. There's too much aggression and fear-mongering designed to rile people up so they can't focus on facts.
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 3:56:52 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/4/2016
Posts: 922
Neurons: 4,539
Location: Moscow, Moscow, Russia
Romany wrote:
Kirill -

You obviously didn't read the link, did you?


I hadn't, but now I have. Thanks for the link. Media here run stories about Europe and US, but they rarely talk about Australia, so it's good to learn more about what is hapenning there.

Well, unprecedented fires this year... possibly so. I still maintain that at least in some cases (in Siberia, in many cases) these fires result from human mismanagement and malicious behaviour. And even if climate change has to do with it, it only means we must learn how to manage forests better and how to stem those fires more effectively when they just start.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 4:01:16 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/26/2014
Posts: 745
Neurons: 1,154,502
LogicDefined wrote:
For all who are interested in the attempt to impeach and remove our President from his duly-elected position...



Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Repeating a lie doesn't make it true no matter how many times you do it.

Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
I've heard that rumor several times before. It's the epitome of fake news! little donny has admitted that he benefited from Russia's interference in the 2016 election. Duly elected? What a farce!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/politics/donald-trump-russia-robert-mueller/index.html

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.