The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Unhinged Options
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:22:36 AM

Neurons: 1,180,791
Unhinged. The favorite right wing putdown of democrats. It was used by Karl Rove to help snuff out the campaign of Howard Dean.

little donny is the epitome of unhinged! his latest twitter storm against Adam Schiff is a prime example.

Quote:
"....If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal.”"

"The Greatest Witch Hunt in the history of our Country!"

"Rep. Adam Schiff illegally made up a FAKE & terrible statement, pretended it to be mine as the most important part of my call to the Ukrainian President, and read it aloud to Congress and the American people. It bore NO relationship to what I said on the call. Arrest for Treason?"

"The Fake Whistleblower complaint is not holding up. It is mostly about the call to the Ukrainian President which, in the name of transparency, I immediately released to Congress & the public. The Whistleblower knew almost nothing, its 2ND HAND description of the call is a fraud!"

Nope. You released the call's transcript moron. Adam Schiff simply read it!

Quote:
"His lies were made in perhaps the most blatant and sinister manner ever seen in the great Chamber. He wrote down and read terrible things, then said it was from the mouth of the President of the United States. I want Schiff questioned at the highest level for Fraud & Treason....."

Oh, and little donny describes his phone call with the president of Ukraine as "perfect." However, the word "perfect" has no legal meaning. It's empty bluster.

There's the perfect storm, the perfect crime, the perfect murder, etc... All perfectly meaningless from a legal standpoint.
thar
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 9:17:50 AM

Neurons: 84,299
This is becoming more and more.... what? Incredible, pathetic, sad? Scary? Most of all just sad.
I feel for you folks - both supporters who are trying to convince themselves that this is all OK, and opposers who must be incandescent with frustration.. You all deserve so, so much better.
towan52
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 11:38:25 AM

Neurons: 219,239
Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite ~ Joseph de Maistre.

Sorry Joe, I now think you are mistaken, no one deserves this!

Voldermort for Trump 2020
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:49:17 AM

Neurons: 1,180,791
Adj. 1. unhinged - affected with madness or insanity "a man who had gone mad"

Hope123
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2019 5:35:14 AM

Neurons: 51,153
thar wrote:
This is becoming more and more.... what? Incredible, pathetic, sad? Scary? Most of all just sad.
I feel for you folks - both supporters who are trying to convince themselves that this is all OK, and opposers who must be incandescent with frustration.. You all deserve so, so much better.

Exactly, Thar. Just plain sad.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes/ears. It was their final, most essential command Orwell 1984
Romany
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2019 4:37:01 PM

Neurons: 50,871

I'd use the word "pathetic" to describe exactly how I view it - except that through the kinds of lenses through which people who still support Trump get their information, this word is now embedded as an insult. If they ever knew once, they have fogotten now, that there's absolutely nothing in the slightest bit insulting about using this word as a descriptor of a person, situation, or emotion.

They've overrun a thread elsewhere and are happily and faithfully repeating the same words, in the same sequences, in the same situations, and going round in ever-decreasing circles until they eventually disapear: - to the same place reserved for everybody else who does the same thing. Ask anyone else who taught the first generation of "only" children in China about the effects of propagandizing - and what it was like getting young adults finally to recognise this.

Fortunately my long-term memory, like Hope's, is still reliable:I vividly remember the reaction from FD when discussing with someone else, that I was teaching a Unit that semester on Propaganda. I was asked if that wasn't dangerous in a Government Uni in Communist China? As I rather value my kids' lives, (and am pretty fond of my own)I explained that no reference was made to China whatsoever: I was using American media as the model.

And a gaskett was popped with a ferocity I'd never encountered before - and which actually scared me.I had never been attacked so passionately before in my life (well, apart from my abusive husband. But then he had been diagnosed as a psychopath by two independenr shrinks). What was this person's story? Someone who wouldn't know me if we passed in the stree had shredded my character, made accusations,called me a liar? Why? I sobbed for hours.

Which is how I came to start investigating how language was being manipulated, reduced, managed. And it's very simple. And now that's it's becoming predictable it all gets not just boring but, honestly, pointless.

Fd and the sudden swelling of the ranks will say nothing original sure...but the point is that if an ideology can exist that has no basic truths, values or logic to shore it up then those who adhere to it will never consider anything that differs from the ideology to be valid.

We have ALL become lesser people through this destruction of truth itself. Because it HAS happened. Anyone who can uphold such a person as Trump even now, has passed beyond logic into a kind of reality holding pattern. Which, of course is necessary if one's going to be an easy candidate for propaganda.

So yes definitely: sad AND pathetic. For so many reasons.