The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

"An Open Letter to My Trump-Supporting Family" Options
FounDit
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:15:16 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 11,681
Neurons: 58,539
Hope123 wrote:

FounDit wrote:"A man without a memory doesn’t know who he is. A woman without a memory doesn’t know what to believe, what to think, or which ideas are good ones and which are bad ones. A person without a memory doesn’t understand what is happening around them."


Why are men and women with no memory different do you think?

I didn't say they were different. I just knew that if I said, ""A man without a memory doesn’t know who he is", you or Romany would have accused me of ignoring half the human population.

I really wouldn't have cared, but I was feeling generous, so I included both, and even included the politically correct, "person"...Whistle


We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
RSoul
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:28:01 AM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
towan52 wrote:
RSoul wrote:
P.P.P.P.P.S. Beanz means Heinz.


Which causes more "trumps" Whistle


I can't trump that fart gag. You win! Applause

Your prize is two minutes and forty eight seconds of vintage Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrjHz5hrupA

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
RSoul
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:34:17 AM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
FounDit wrote:
RSoul wrote:
That's the best spin on 'McCarthyism' I've read in ages. I admire your sheer creativity. I'm genuinely impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec0clERjQ5A


I did say I had to paint in broad strokes...Dancing


I think you missed your vocation as a writer of speculative fiction.

http://www.jimmarrs.com/

I really do miss Jim Marrs.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:25:34 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,842
Neurons: 50,679
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
RSoul ,

I guess you have to be here to know the influence of Trump in Canada. We don't have the luxury of considering Trump to be only the clown he is as the UK populace shows. Most Canadians feel the same way towards him but don't fly baby balloons. But your diplomats toe the line or get fired if they criticize him out loud.

Don't worry - the world is not distracted enough to miss the mess the UK has made with Brexit. It is sad that the two main world democracies are falling apart from within.

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:46:32 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,842
Neurons: 50,679
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
This is what Trump is "pushing back" against.



This one is just because of yesterday.



"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:54:12 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 11,681
Neurons: 58,539
RSoul wrote:
FounDit wrote:
RSoul wrote:
That's the best spin on 'McCarthyism' I've read in ages. I admire your sheer creativity. I'm genuinely impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec0clERjQ5A


I did say I had to paint in broad strokes...Dancing


I think you missed your vocation as a writer of speculative fiction.

http://www.jimmarrs.com/

I really do miss Jim Marrs.


FounDit wrote:

"In the past, anyone who stated such things was accused of being crazy, a conspiracy nut, and I may well be accused of that here, but I point you to the current crop of “Progressive Democrats” running for office in our next election as evidence, the proof, each trying to move farther to the political Left than their fellow contenders, Bernie Sanders being the poster boy for that ideology."

Right. I forgot to include the accusative "speculative fiction". Thanks.


We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:20:38 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,842
Neurons: 50,679
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
RSoul,

Digression- As far as Johnson proroguing parliament to shut down issues, I am glad to see the courts step in. I wonder why Canadian parliament didn't have the courts step in when ex PM Stephen Harper prorogued 4 times to avoid troublesome issues or a confidence vote.

A lot of the reason Stephen Harper got kicked out was because Canadians saw proroguing parliament as an attack on democracy that set a dangerous precedent for abuse of power.

Question - I don't know about the GG of Canada's discretion in proroguing, but I read somewhere that the Queen had no choice but to accept the prorogue.

Do you happen to know for sure if this is correct. I would hope the GG and or the Queen would have that power but maybe they don't.

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
RSoul
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:14:36 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Hope123 wrote:
I guess you have to be here to know the influence of Trump in Canada. We don't have the luxury of considering Trump to be only the clown he is as the UK populace shows.


Yes, but you live in Canada, not the US. Trump isn’t your president (which I’m sure you’re grateful for) so I don’t know why you’re so persistently ‘Trumpophobic’. I can’t speak for the UK populace, unlike you, as you are obviously a tremendous font of wisdom and objective public opinion, and can. Besides, Trump only dresses like and acts like a clown. He isn’t actually a clown. I was just making an analogy. If he was he’d probably be able to make balloon animals, drive a ridiculously small car, have oversized shoes and a shiny red nose. Besides, being a clown requires certain skill sets, which Trump apparently lacks. Trump is actually an elected president of a non-Commonwealth country that isn’t the UK or Canada. If he wants to destroy his country’s economy, create social divisions and generally act like an idiot, that’s his country’s concern. After all, they elected him.

Hope123 wrote:
Most Canadians feel the same way towards him but don't fly baby balloons.


I assumed that this was just a failure of Canadian aerospace.

Hope123 wrote:
But your diplomats toe the line or get fired if they criticize him out loud.


I’m guessing you’re referring to Sir Nigel Kim Darroch KCMG. This is where not being the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree gets you. British governments, particularly Tory governments, are notoriously Machiavellian, cunning and devious. Darroch was a sacrificial lamb. The DipTel leak in which he was (not openly) critical of the Trump administration was almost certainly deliberately revealed. This was a covert message to other governments that the British government seriously questions the Trump administration's competency and is not totally happy with Trump’s attitude and policies. Trump is too stupid to realise this, of course. But if you don’t tell him, I won’t.

Hope123 wrote:
Don't worry - the world is not distracted enough to miss the mess the UK has made with Brexit. It is sad that the two main world democracies are falling apart from within.


Well, technically, both are essentially democratic oligarchies. And they have been ‘falling apart from within’ for centuries. So, no change there then.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
RSoul
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:25:50 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Hope123 wrote:
RSoul,

Digression- As far as Johnson proroguing parliament to shut down issues, I am glad to see the courts step in. I wonder why Canadian parliament didn't have the courts step in when ex PM Stephen Harper prorogued 4 times to avoid troublesome issues or a confidence vote.

A lot of the reason Stephen Harper got kicked out was because Canadians saw proroguing parliament as an attack on democracy that set a dangerous precedent for abuse of power.

Question - I don't know about the GG of Canada's discretion in proroguing, but I read somewhere that the Queen had no choice but to accept the prorogue.

Do you happen to know for sure if this is correct. I would hope the GG and or the Queen would have that power but maybe they don't.


I don't even know how my toaster works. Scotland’s highest civil court has ruled that the parliamentary suspension is unlawful. So, hopefully Johnson will get the chair. Although I don't think Scotland has capital punishment. So he'll probably get the haggis and be made to drink flat warm Tennent's Lager while watching Trainspotting.



Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
RSoul
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:28:44 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
I have no idea who Stephen Harper is.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
RSoul
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:33:03 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
FounDit wrote:
RSoul wrote:
FounDit wrote:
RSoul wrote:
That's the best spin on 'McCarthyism' I've read in ages. I admire your sheer creativity. I'm genuinely impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec0clERjQ5A


I did say I had to paint in broad strokes...Dancing


I think you missed your vocation as a writer of speculative fiction.

http://www.jimmarrs.com/

I really do miss Jim Marrs.


FounDit wrote:

"In the past, anyone who stated such things was accused of being crazy, a conspiracy nut, and I may well be accused of that here, but I point you to the current crop of “Progressive Democrats” running for office in our next election as evidence, the proof, each trying to move farther to the political Left than their fellow contenders, Bernie Sanders being the poster boy for that ideology."

Right. I forgot to include the accusative "speculative fiction". Thanks.


Speculative fiction is a perfectly good genre, unless it's Dan Brown, then it isn't.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
towan52
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:22:47 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/28/2012
Posts: 1,905
Neurons: 213,999
Location: Waco, Texas, United States
RSoul wrote:
I have no idea who Stephen Harper is.


Former CEO of The Hudson Bay Company. Whistle

Voldermort for Trump 2020
RSoul
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:37:39 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
towan52 wrote:
RSoul wrote:
I have no idea who Stephen Harper is.


Former CEO of The Hudson Bay Company. Whistle


So, not the drummer in Atomic Rooster then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O75iSwHnx-Y

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
towan52
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:58:35 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/28/2012
Posts: 1,905
Neurons: 213,999
Location: Waco, Texas, United States
RSoul wrote:
towan52 wrote:
RSoul wrote:
I have no idea who Stephen Harper is.


Former CEO of The Hudson Bay Company. Whistle


So, not the drummer in Atomic Rooster then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O75iSwHnx-Y


Close, but no vape!

Voldermort for Trump 2020
RSoul
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:00:27 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Close enough.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:25:25 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 11,681
Neurons: 58,539
RSoul wrote:


Speculative fiction is a perfectly good genre, unless it's Dan Brown, then it isn't.


Wot? You didn't like Da Vinci Code? I thought it was Da Bomb.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
RSoul
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:57:00 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
FounDit wrote:
RSoul wrote:


Speculative fiction is a perfectly good genre, unless it's Dan Brown, then it isn't.


Wot? You didn't like Da Vinci Code? I thought it was Da Bomb.


I think it should probably be exploded. There again, I've read the originals that Brown borrowed from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault%27s_Pendulum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holy_Blood_and_the_Holy_Grail

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:12:29 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,842
Neurons: 50,679
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
RSoul, You are entitled to all of your opinions. I do not have to defend mine. But I will explain a bit more just so readers have a better understanding of Canada's position - and not just physically being joined by a border. Also I lived up to half of each year mostly in Florida, where we bought a home in 1988 but have now sold, and still have many American good friends who are Republicans who hate Trump too. We no longer recognize what happens there.

What other countries don't get is how influential Canada's proximity to the U.S. is. American TV, print media, music, American companies and products, being largest trading partner, (and American money recently in Canadian media and Conservative Think Tanks) has influenced generations of Canadians to a much higher extent than other countries. If we had not had a PM who championed Canadian media content, Canada would be the 51st state by now. Maybe there is a god after all.

(BTW - PM means Prime Minister same as in the UK, RSoul, same as ex PM meant a previous Prime Minister. You also misread a couple of my earlier posts at which time I didn't bother to explain again.)

Sadly, Trumpsters are alive and active in Canada, a couple right in the small condo building where I live, and most are members of the Conservative Party of Canada. All they need is permission to hate and they are good to go. Trump has normalized racism.

Also, don't dismiss Trump's influence on international affairs where opponents have taken advantage of his weakness and erratic policies.
My observations of the news of huge gatherings and baby balloon caricature of Trump flying when he visited the UK were the basis for my comments about him in the UK, but since you say you live there, I defer to your knowledge of your own country.

The metaphor of the Doomsday Clock for the world is back to the 1953 level of two minutes to midnight. Why?

Twice moved closer in 2017 and 2018 because of Trump's policies of renewed arms race and disbelief in science and climate change.

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
FounDit
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:27:54 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 11,681
Neurons: 58,539
RSoul wrote:
FounDit wrote:
RSoul wrote:


Speculative fiction is a perfectly good genre, unless it's Dan Brown, then it isn't.


Wot? You didn't like Da Vinci Code? I thought it was Da Bomb.


I think it should probably be exploded. There again, I've read the originals that Brown borrowed from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault%27s_Pendulum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holy_Blood_and_the_Holy_Grail


Wow. You read Italian? Now, I'm impressed. I can't do that.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
RSoul
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:58:56 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
FounDit wrote:
RSoul wrote:
FounDit wrote:
RSoul wrote:


Speculative fiction is a perfectly good genre, unless it's Dan Brown, then it isn't.


Wot? You didn't like Da Vinci Code? I thought it was Da Bomb.


I think it should probably be exploded. There again, I've read the originals that Brown borrowed from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault%27s_Pendulum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holy_Blood_and_the_Holy_Grail


Wow. You read Italian? Now, I'm impressed. I can't do that.


I have a first edition hardback of Foucault's Pendulum, in English translation though. It's a brilliant novel. Eco is pretty standard undergraduate reading if you study language and semiotics, he literally wrote the book on it. I actually read The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail before I read Eco.

I never finished The Da Vinci Cobblers, the movie seemed to be better, and that was pretty dire. The only other novel I read of Brown's was Deception Point, which has an interesting premise although was rather predictable. Brown is an English teacher turned novelist. He really tried hard to write a best seller and I tend to admire his analysis and reproduction of what a best selling paperback 'page-turning' novel should be. He's a competent but rather spiritless and uninspired writer in my opinion.

It was obvious that he'd survive the plagiarism accusations, I think they were unfounded in the main. I think he did well to combine a sprinkling of Eco with a liberal application of Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln's source book to create a best seller.

It's just that I was familiar with the originals before Brown wrote The Da Vinci thingy.





Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
RSoul
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:17:12 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Hope123 wrote:
RSoul, You are entitled to all of your opinions. I do not have to defend mine. But I will explain a bit more just so readers have a better understanding of Canada's position - and not just physically being joined by a border. Also I lived up to half of each year mostly in Florida, where we bought a home in 1988 but have now sold, and still have many American good friends who are Republicans who hate Trump too. We no longer recognize what happens there.

What other countries don't get is how influential Canada's proximity to the U.S. is. American TV, print media, music, American companies and products, being largest trading partner, (and American money recently in Canadian media and Conservative Think Tanks) has influenced generations of Canadians to a much higher extent than other countries. If we had not had a PM who championed Canadian media content, Canada would be the 51st state by now. Maybe there is a god after all.

(BTW - PM means Prime Minister same as in the UK, RSoul, same as ex PM meant a previous Prime Minister. You also misread a couple of my earlier posts at which time I didn't bother to explain again.)

Sadly, Trumpsters are alive and active in Canada, a couple right in the small condo building where I live, and most are members of the Conservative Party of Canada. All they need is permission to hate and they are good to go. Trump has normalized racism.

Also, don't dismiss Trump's influence on international affairs where opponents have taken advantage of his weakness and erratic policies.
My observations of the news of huge gatherings and baby balloon caricature of Trump flying when he visited the UK were the basis for my comments about him in the UK, but since you say you live there, I defer to your knowledge of your own country.

The metaphor of the Doomsday Clock for the world is back to the 1953 level of two minutes to midnight. Why?

Twice moved closer in 2017 and 2018 because of Trump's policies of renewed arms race and disbelief in science and climate change.


This is the worst case of Trumpophobia I've seen in a long time. I suggest transcendental meditation or breathing exercises. Avoid stimulants and try to cut back on coffee consumption.

"You also misread a couple of my earlier posts at which time I didn't bother to explain again"

Well, if your posts were more coherent, systematic and logical in the first place, or if you could actually recognise subtext, perhaps you wouldn't have to keep repeating yourself.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:34:24 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,842
Neurons: 50,679
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
RSoul, when I said your newbie username out loud and mistook it for a joke, now that I see who you are, I was actually being prescient.

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
RSoul
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:25:12 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Hope123 wrote:
RSoul, when I said your newbie username out loud and mistook it for a joke, now that I see who you are, I was actually being prescient.


Typical; an ad hominem attack. I was waiting for and expecting this. You are acting just like Donald Trump now.

You're hardly prescient. This must be some reaction-formation or some Freudian thing as you exorcise your inner Trump. No wonder you're obsessed with the bloke.

Honestly, a user name jibe? Couldn't you be a little bit more original?

Obviously not.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
BobShilling
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:54:01 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/1/2018
Posts: 1,334
Neurons: 7,119
Location: Beroun, Stredocesky, Czech Republic
Another thread in this forum bites the dust.
RSoul
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:00:04 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Not before time.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:06:24 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 8,842
Neurons: 50,679
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Lol. Projection and hypocrisy re ad hominem because I gave up reason, facts, and civility and responded in kind after the sarcastic things you said to me just because I wouldn't back down on my beliefs about Trump when I'm not American. My beliefs are none of your business. I so give up.

Have a nice day.




"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
RSoul
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:54:35 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Hope123 wrote:
Lol. Projection and hypocrisy re ad hominem because I gave up reason, facts, and civility and responded in kind after the sarcastic things you said to me just because I wouldn't back down on my beliefs about Trump when I'm not American. My beliefs are none of your business. I so give up.

Have a nice day.




It wasn't sarcasm, it was observation. You are just obsessed with Trump. He isn't that big a deal.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Romany
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 11:02:15 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/14/2009
Posts: 15,637
Neurons: 49,309
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom

C'mon RS - how long did you think you could go on slipping in the odd denigration - Hope is illogical, she's obsessed, she's not good at expressing herself - before the worm turned?

Hope has been around for years on this forum and we have all come to know her style, her passion, her views. She's never deliberately tried to hurt or denigrate anyone. Unless you have been closely reading this forum for a long time before joining, why not give it a little time to get to know the people on this forum before being judgemental? If judgementalism is necessary at all.

You have, on a couple of occasions, inferred that Trump is purely an American problem, which is very naive if it's what you actually believe. But whether you honestly feel that his influence applies only to the USA, that just means that Hope - and millions of people all over the world - have a different world-view to you. Which makes for rather interesting discussions - but not if people are going to get personal and make snap judgements.

We really DO live in exciting times. There's lot to talk about, discuss, listen to, privately dismiss, publicly support. Hope is Hope - a very compassionate and kindly person; she is also elderly and it's unlikely that your telling her she lacks logic or the means to express herself properlyis going to make either her change, or us to agree with that summation.
RSoul
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 12:06:15 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Romany wrote:

C'mon RS - how long did you think you could go on slipping in the odd denigration - Hope is illogical, she's obsessed, she's not good at expressing herself - before the worm turned?

Hope has been around for years on this forum and we have all come to know her style, her passion, her views. She's never deliberately tried to hurt or denigrate anyone. Unless you have been closely reading this forum for a long time before joining, why not give it a little time to get to know the people on this forum before being judgemental? If judgementalism is necessary at all.

You have, on a couple of occasions, inferred that Trump is purely an American problem, which is very naive if it's what you actually believe. But whether you honestly feel that his influence applies only to the USA, that just means that Hope - and millions of people all over the world - have a different world-view to you. Which makes for rather interesting discussions - but not if people are going to get personal and make snap judgements.

We really DO live in exciting times. There's lot to talk about, discuss, listen to, privately dismiss, publicly support. Hope is Hope - a very compassionate and kindly person; she is also elderly and it's unlikely that your telling her she lacks logic or the means to express herself properlyis going to make either her change, or us to agree with that summation.


I knew the collective would eventually attack me. I'm not intimidated by you. It's not my fault 'Hope123' is illogical, obsessed and often misunderstands things. I still haven't forgotten her asseveration and accusation of my mocking 'a cooperator's' written English, which I certainly was not.

I fully realise 'a cooperator' doesn't speak or read English as a first language. In fact, I can perfectly understand his writing and opinions. His written English may not be textbook perfect but he makes himself understood well enough. I certainly wouldn't mock his linguistic skills or overall comprehension. In fact I believe he must be quite an intelligent person to express himself in a language obviously alien to him. We may disagree on matters of ideology however, but that's what freedom of speech and expression is. He's certainly brighter than your mate 'Hope123', who ultimately degenerated into making a puerile attack on my username. Although it was predictably inevitable. I don't see the relevance of how many years she has been posting either. No one is forcing either you or your mate to reply to me.

As for Trump, yes, he's the bogeyman. He's just not the only bogeyman, or the worst. I doubt he'll get a second term and he can't have a third. One day he'll just be a sad footnote in the history books.

We've always lived in interesting times.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Romany
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 2:05:00 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/14/2009
Posts: 15,637
Neurons: 49,309
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom
"Collective"? "attack"? "intimidation" "its not my fault..."?

Sigh!

OK. so go for it: wander about the threads making personal comments and being curmudgeonly if that's what you joined for. Seems more and more people get their jollies through argument, insult, and an absolute and overwhelming need never to admit they might have any faults themselves. Whatever gets you through the night.

As for the "I'm not intimidated by you"...why on EARTH should you be? That's probably the strangest thing that has ever been said to me in my life. Though , having no idea about who/what I am, you obviously don't get to share the joke implicit in it.
RSoul
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 5:11:07 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Romany wrote:
"Collective"? "attack"? "intimidation" "its not my fault..."?

Sigh!

OK. so go for it: wander about the threads making personal comments and being curmudgeonly if that's what you joined for. Seems more and more people get their jollies through argument, insult, and an absolute and overwhelming need never to admit they might have any faults themselves. Whatever gets you through the night.

As for the "I'm not intimidated by you"...why on EARTH should you be? That's probably the strangest thing that has ever been said to me in my life. Though , having no idea about who/what I am, you obviously don't get to share the joke implicit in it.




Have a nice day.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Romany
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 5:51:40 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/14/2009
Posts: 15,637
Neurons: 49,309
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom


BackatchaDancing
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.