The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Mathew tells about Jesus Options
purplishh
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2019 1:16:46 PM

Neurons: 182
Solomon married women from Moab, Ammon, Edom and Sidon. even though the lord had commanded the israelites not to intermarry with these people for they might surely turn your hearts to their gods. even though the lord appeared to Solomon twince he did not obey him. so the lord very angry said, because of the sin of Solomon i will punish the offspring of david.
his son rehoboam succeeded him as king.

king Jeroboam of Israel said to himself, the kingdom will probably go back to the family of David if the people continue going to the temple in Jerusalem, to offer sacrifices. after thinking over it, he made two bull caves, he put one in the city of Bethel and the other in the city of Dan. and said to his people, here are your gods who brought you out of Egypt. and so the people sinned going to worship in Bethel and in Dan.
the lord caused this to happen to keep the promise he made to Jeroboam son of Nebat through ahijah the prophet from Shilhot.
i rent the kingdom away from the house of David and gave it to you and yet you have not been as my servant David who kept my commandments and followed me with all his heart, to do only what is right in my eyes.

Abijah became king of Judah in Jerusalem and his son Asa succeeded him as king. he was sinful just like his father Rehoboam. but Asa did what pleased the lord like his ancestor David. and his son Jehoshaphat succeeded him as king. he also did what was right and his son Jehoram succeeded him as king

jacobusmaximus
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2019 1:43:09 PM

Neurons: 556,728
Welcome to the Forum, purplishh. You might take care to ensure that your heading is relevant to your content, and when you are quoting Scripture please give Book, Chapter and Verse - in this case 1 Kings 11:1ff. Above all, when quoting scripture make sure you get it right: 'might surely', in your first line doesn't make sense and appears nowhere in the NIV of 1 Kings.

So are you leading up to a reference to Jesus in Matthew's Gospel? If so, some of us, at least, would like to hear about it. If not, what is the point of your post please?

Justice must be seen to be donuts.
step39
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 8:44:16 AM

Neurons: 3
Interesting story. Thank you. Greetings.
whatson
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 6:03:54 PM

Neurons: 3,114
The real Matthew, when writing in English, was
consistent in capitalizing proper names. and never tried
to save printer's black by substituting "i" for "I".

Sometimes I wish there existed some kind of god.
Epiphileon
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 4:11:34 AM

Neurons: 164,994
whatson wrote:
Dancing Applause

Question authority. How do you know, that you know, what you know?
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 6:45:00 AM

Neurons: 556,728
whatson wrote:

Or 'W' with 'w'. Eh, Whatson?

Justice must be seen to be donuts.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 8:29:54 AM

step39 wrote:
Interesting story. Thank you. Greetings.

soon the angel of the lord woke him again, Elijah sat up and ate, and went to Sinai, the holy mountain in the strength of that food?, for 40 days. there he spent the night. what are you doing here, the lord ask him. he answered, the people have broken their solemn promise? to you. the lord replied, iwant you to be there when i pass by. all at once a strong wind shook the mountain, an earthquake and there came a fire. suddenly Elijah heard the soft whisper of the voice of god.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 8:36:48 AM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
Welcome to the Forum, purplishh. You might take care to ensure that your heading is relevant to your content, and when you are quoting Scripture please give Book, Chapter and Verse - in this case 1 Kings 11:1ff. Above all, when quoting scripture make sure you get it right: 'might surely', in your first line doesn't make sense and appears nowhere in the NIV of 1 Kings.

So are you leading up to a reference to Jesus in Matthew's Gospel? If so, some of us, at least, would like to hear about it. If not, what is the point of your post please?

now the time come for Elijah to be taken into heaven. as Elijah and Elisha still walk on talking, behold there appeared a chariot of fire and Elijah was carried into heaven. let us go and look for your master Elijah, perhaps the Spirit of the lord has picked him up and set him down in some valley.
BobShilling
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 9:01:38 AM

Neurons: 7,616
As jcb wrote,

jacobusmaximus wrote:
Welcome to the Forum, purplishh. [...}

purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:01:22 AM

every healthy sound tree bears good fruits. but the sickly decaying worthless tree bear bad worthless fruits. a good wealthy tree cannot bear bad fruits. nor can a bad bear exellent fruits. every tree that does not bear good fruits is cut down and thrown in the fire.
unless your greatness is greater than that of the Pharisees you cannot entre in the kingdom of heaven at all.
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:04:21 AM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
whatson wrote:

Or 'W' with 'w'. Eh, Whatson?

look at the fields, even Solomon was not clothed as beatifully. if god so wonderfully cares for flowers, wont he more carefully care for you of little faith
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:07:32 AM

if a child ask his father a loaf of bread, he wont be given a stone instead. even more certainly your heaveny father will give you good things.
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:08:56 AM

when you pray to who is unseen, dont talk on and on repeating the same over and over, your father always knows what you need before you ask
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:10:22 AM

store your riches in heaven? where robbers cannot steal them and moth cannot destroy.
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:11:40 AM

why should god reward you if you only love those who love you?
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 7:04:37 AM

Neurons: 4,719
whatson wrote:

This doesn't matter because none of this is about English or their predecessors' gods anyway. So it's been solely a matter cultural exchange all along.

purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:30:53 AM

Elijah had said to Elisha, what can i do for you before iam taken up into heaven. and he answered, leave me a double share of your spirit. now the king was talking with the servant of the man of god, tell me all the good things that Elisha had done.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:32:14 AM

one said, be pleased to go with your servants, and Elisha answered, i will go. when they came to the Jordan river, they cut down trees. but as one was falling his beam, the axhead fell into the water. oh, my lord it was borrowed, he cried out. when shown the place, Elisha cut off a stick and threw it in there, behold, the iron floated.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:33:37 AM

at another time, a man brought to Elisha 20 loaves of bread. Elisha said, give it to the men that they may eat. how am i to set these before a hundred hungry men, his servant replied. Elisha said, they shall be fed and left some; so they ate and have some left.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:35:22 AM

Elisha died and was buried. as a man was being buried, lo, a marauding band. so the dead was hastily cast in the tomb of Elisha. as soon as the body touched the bones of Elisha, the man revived and stood up.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:36:51 AM

Jehoram became king of Judah at 32. he followed the evil ways of the kings of israel. Ahaziah his son sinned just as his father did.
Joash became king at 7. he did what pleased the lord. Amaziah his son also did not tear down the pagan places of worship and the people continued to sacrifice and burn incense there.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:39:08 AM

Uzziah was 16 when he became king. he did what pleased the lord, nevertheless the shrines were not removed. because of this the lord struck him with leprosy. Jotham his son pleased the lord, but Ahaz his grandson followed the kings of israel and even sacrificed his son as burnt offering to idols.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:40:28 AM

Hezekiah pleased the lord and removed the pagan places of worship.
now, the king of Assyria has sent his officials to Hezekiah at Jerusalem asking, on what do you rest this confidence of your? on whom do you rely that you rebel against me. he answered, the lord will save us, Jerusalem will not be given into your hand.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:41:57 AM

the lord replied, i will save jerusalem for my sake and for the sake of David my servant. that night an angel of the lord went out and killed 185,000 men in the Assyrian camp. the next day they lay all dead.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:43:46 AM

king Manasseh had done more disgusting things than the Amorites and has led Judah into sin. like his father Manasseh, Amon sinned also against the lord.
Josiah followed the example of his ancestor David. the following message from the lord was reported to him, my anger will not die down, Jerusalem has rejected me and followed other gods. so the king burnt the objects in the worship of Baal and Asherah throughout the country. the altars put up by king Manasseh in the two courts of the temple, he smashed to bits, and the altars king Solomon had built east of Jerusaem, who aroused the lords anger. but the anger of the lord did not die down because of Manasseh, he said, i will banish Judah from my sight as i have done to israel. and i will reject Jerusalem and the temple. they will become accursed and waste.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:45:14 AM

Joahaz sinned against the lord and so was taken to Egypt by king Neco, there he died.
Jehoiakim did what the lord said was wrong.
Jehoiakin aso sinned against the lord. so the lord sent babylonian raiding parties and carried away as prisoners the royal princes and the leading men.
zedekiah also sinned and Nebuchadnezzar had his eyes put out and took him to Babylon. they broke in pieces the bronze columns and the large bronze tank, all the bronze articles used in the temple
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:46:45 AM

this happened in the 37th year after Jehoiachin had been taken away as prisoner. Evilmerodach treated him kindly. so he was permitted to dine at the king's table.z1
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:55:24 AM

from the time after the exile in Babylon to the birth of jesus, the following ancestors are listed, Jehoiachin, Shealtiel, Zerubbabel, Abiud, Eleazar, Mathan, Jacob and Joseph who married Mary the mother of Jesus.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 10:03:44 AM

behold, a leper is approaching Jesus as he came down the hillside. lord you can heal me if you will. i will be heal. at once the man was healed.
ChillinDrina
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2019 8:00:27 AM

Neurons: 861
I follow what you're doing, but it would be nice to know the book, chapter, and verse. For those who would like to follow, in depth.
purplishh
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 7:45:25 AM

an officer begged for help, my servant is sick in bed unable to move. jesus said, i will go and make him well. the man replied, it is not necessary, just give the order and i know he will get well. jesus said, i have not found anyone with this much faith. go home, your faith has made it happen. right then the servant was healed at home.
purplishh
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 7:52:51 AM

jesus got into a boat and his followers went with him. suddenly a fierce storm hit the lake and the boat was in danger of sinking. jesus was sleeping so they woke him saying, save us lord we perish. he answered, why are you afraid men of little faith. he ordered and there was a great calm.
purplishh
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:00:19 AM

when jesus saw the crowds worried and helpless, his heart was filled with pity. he said, there are many people to harvest but only few workers help harvest them. pray therefore to the lord, owner of the harvest that he will send more workers to gather his harvest.
purplishh
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:09:37 AM

a man was lying on a mat because he could not walk. jesus said to him, cheer up, i have forgiven your sins. some teachers of the law of Moses said to themselves, jesus must think he is god. but jesus perceived what was in their minds and said, the son of man has the right to forgive sins. so he said to the man, get up pick up your mat and go home. at once, the man got up and left.
purplishh
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:16:06 AM

jesus was having dinner with many sinners. some Pharisees asked his disciples, why does your master eat with sinners. jesus said, i have come to urge back sinners to god, but not the self righteous.