The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Mathew tells about Jesus Options
purplishh
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2019 1:16:46 PM

Neurons: 64
Solomon married women from Moab, Ammon, Edom and Sidon. even though the lord had commanded the israelites not to intermarry with these people for they might surely turn your hearts to their gods. even though the lord appeared to Solomon twince he did not obey him. so the lord very angry said, because of the sin of Solomon i will punish the offspring of david.
his son rehoboam succeeded him as king.

king Jeroboam of Israel said to himself, the kingdom will probably go back to the family of David if the people continue going to the temple in Jerusalem, to offer sacrifices. after thinking over it, he made two bull caves, he put one in the city of Bethel and the other in the city of Dan. and said to his people, here are your gods who brought you out of Egypt. and so the people sinned going to worship in Bethel and in Dan.
the lord caused this to happen to keep the promise he made to Jeroboam son of Nebat through ahijah the prophet from Shilhot.
i rent the kingdom away from the house of David and gave it to you and yet you have not been as my servant David who kept my commandments and followed me with all his heart, to do only what is right in my eyes.

Abijah became king of Judah in Jerusalem and his son Asa succeeded him as king. he was sinful just like his father Rehoboam. but Asa did what pleased the lord like his ancestor David. and his son Jehoshaphat succeeded him as king. he also did what was right and his son Jehoram succeeded him as king

jacobusmaximus
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2019 1:43:09 PM

Neurons: 516,468
Welcome to the Forum, purplishh. You might take care to ensure that your heading is relevant to your content, and when you are quoting Scripture please give Book, Chapter and Verse - in this case 1 Kings 11:1ff. Above all, when quoting scripture make sure you get it right: 'might surely', in your first line doesn't make sense and appears nowhere in the NIV of 1 Kings.

So are you leading up to a reference to Jesus in Matthew's Gospel? If so, some of us, at least, would like to hear about it. If not, what is the point of your post please?

I remember, therefore I am.
step39
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 8:44:16 AM

Neurons: 3
Interesting story. Thank you. Greetings.
whatson
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 6:03:54 PM

Neurons: 3,094
The real Matthew, when writing in English, was
consistent in capitalizing proper names. and never tried
to save printer's black by substituting "i" for "I".

Sometimes I wish there existed some kind of god.
Epiphileon
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 4:11:34 AM

Neurons: 157,841
whatson wrote:
Dancing Applause

Question authority. How do you know, that you know, what you know?
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 6:45:00 AM

Neurons: 516,468
whatson wrote:

Or 'W' with 'w'. Eh, Whatson?

I remember, therefore I am.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 8:29:54 AM

step39 wrote:
Interesting story. Thank you. Greetings.

soon the angel of the lord woke him again, Elijah sat up and ate, and went to Sinai, the holy mountain in the strength of that food?, for 40 days. there he spent the night. what are you doing here, the lord ask him. he answered, the people have broken their solemn promise? to you. the lord replied, iwant you to be there when i pass by. all at once a strong wind shook the mountain, an earthquake and there came a fire. suddenly Elijah heard the soft whisper of the voice of god.
purplishh
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 8:36:48 AM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
Welcome to the Forum, purplishh. You might take care to ensure that your heading is relevant to your content, and when you are quoting Scripture please give Book, Chapter and Verse - in this case 1 Kings 11:1ff. Above all, when quoting scripture make sure you get it right: 'might surely', in your first line doesn't make sense and appears nowhere in the NIV of 1 Kings.

So are you leading up to a reference to Jesus in Matthew's Gospel? If so, some of us, at least, would like to hear about it. If not, what is the point of your post please?

now the time come for Elijah to be taken into heaven. as Elijah and Elisha still walk on talking, behold there appeared a chariot of fire and Elijah was carried into heaven. let us go and look for your master Elijah, perhaps the Spirit of the lord has picked him up and set him down in some valley.
BobShilling
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 9:01:38 AM

Neurons: 6,367
As jcb wrote,

jacobusmaximus wrote:
Welcome to the Forum, purplishh. [...}

purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:01:22 AM

every healthy sound tree bears good fruits. but the sickly decaying worthless tree bear bad worthless fruits. a good wealthy tree cannot bear bad fruits. nor can a bad bear exellent fruits. every tree that does not bear good fruits is cut down and thrown in the fire.
unless your greatness is greater than that of the Pharisees you cannot entre in the kingdom of heaven at all.
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:04:21 AM

jacobusmaximus wrote:
whatson wrote:

Or 'W' with 'w'. Eh, Whatson?

look at the fields, even Solomon was not clothed as beatifully. if god so wonderfully cares for flowers, wont he more carefully care for you of little faith
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:07:32 AM

if a child ask his father a loaf of bread, he wont be given a stone instead. even more certainly your heaveny father will give you good things.
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:08:56 AM

when you pray to who is unseen, dont talk on and on repeating the same over and over, your father always knows what you need before you ask
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:10:22 AM

store your riches in heaven? where robbers cannot steal them and moth cannot destroy.
purplishh
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 8:11:40 AM

why should god reward you if you only love those who love you?
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 7:04:37 AM

Neurons: 4,334
whatson wrote:

This doesn't matter because none of this is about English or their predecessors' gods anyway. So it's been solely a matter cultural exchange all along.