The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Brunei brings in death by stoning as punishment for gay sex Options
BobShilling
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:05:12 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/1/2018
Posts: 1,390
Neurons: 7,436
Location: Beroun, Stredocesky, Czech Republic
Alcohol is already banned in Brunei and there are fines and jail sentences for having children out of wedlock and failing to pray on a Friday.

And now, people having gay sex are to be stoned to death

In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful
[...]

the most Merciful
ranful.com/]The Quran

I'd hate to think what would happen to sinners if God weren't so merciful.


Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 5:58:43 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 43,032
Neurons: 517,167
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
In Ohio it's illegal to fish whales on Sundays.

In Utah individuals may not possess beer in containers larger than two litres unless they are a retailer.
Also in Utah it's illegal to cause a catastrophe.

In Illinois you may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.

In Texas it is illegal to sell one’s eye.

In Pennsylvania it it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.


In Sweden if you release pigs into a acornwood (or a beechnutwood) mutually owned by you and at least one more, and exceeded your quota of allowed pigs, you will have to pay a fine for each each pig to the other owners and to restore any damages caused by the extra pigs.



In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
BobShilling
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:00:21 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/1/2018
Posts: 1,390
Neurons: 7,436
Location: Beroun, Stredocesky, Czech Republic
Those are heinous sins, JJ and should be made illegal everywhere.

However, I doubt if the punishment for transgressing the law in those places is being stond to deat,
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:52:46 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 43,032
Neurons: 517,167
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
I hadnvt any plans to visit Brunei, though.


In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Maryam Dad
Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2019 4:02:21 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/13/2013
Posts: 680
Neurons: 3,441
According to Islamic (Sharia) law, a straight (married) person also is punished to death if s/he commits adultery, so it's not exclusively for gays. But you need 4 witnesses for that to applied. I'd say that's almost impossible. Witnessing means the 4 witnesses see the penis enters the vagina or asshole.

Brunei culturally is similar to Indonesia so I think it is easier to live as a gay (as long as you keep it personal).

I wouldn't last long if I was with a girl in a house (except in a bigger cities where people more permissive). Whereas I am free to live with men in the same house, I actually did and still do.


I lived with a gay (I didn't know at that time) when I was a teenager. he was a uni student (5-7 years older). I am sure he would be in jail if he was in the West.
Funny I didn't really realise I was a victim until I read Kitten's comment.






"And the sun and the moon are brought together --" (Al Qiyamah: 9)
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:52:28 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/17/2009
Posts: 12,476
Neurons: 538,328
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Maryam Dad wrote:
According to Islamic (Sharia) law, a straight (married) person also is punished to death if s/he commits adultery, so it's not exclusively for gays. But you need 4 witnesses for that to applied. I'd say that's almost impossible. Witnessing means the 4 witnesses see the penis enters the vagina or asshole.

Brunei culturally is similar to Indonesia so I think it is easier to live as a gay (as long as you keep it personal).

I wouldn't last long if I was with a girl in a house (except in a bigger cities where people more permissive). Whereas I am free to live with men in the same house, I actually did and still do.


I lived with a gay (I didn't know at that time) when I was a teenager. he was a uni student (5-7 years older). I am sure he would be in jail if he was in the West.

Funny I didn't really realise I was a victim until I read Kitten's comment.


He wouldn't be in jail - he would be a celebrity on the BBC! [edited.]

I remember, therefore I am.
Maryam Dad
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:32:19 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/13/2013
Posts: 680
Neurons: 3,441
I mean western (first world countries) have better implementation of laws for sex abusers, that's a compliment.

Does it have anything to do wit gays? Yes! At least in my country. It's very difficult to get gay partner and maybe easier to target young people.

One of my teacher at high school was a gay. He got away with it.


"And the sun and the moon are brought together --" (Al Qiyamah: 9)
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:07:25 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/17/2009
Posts: 12,476
Neurons: 538,328
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Maryam Dad wrote:
I mean western (first world countries) have better implementation of laws for sex abusers, that's a compliment.

Does it have anything to do wit gays? Yes! At least in my country. It's very difficult to get gay partner and maybe easier to target young people.

One of my teacher at high school was a gay. He got away with it.


I think we need to understand and accept the difference between being homosexual and indulging in homosexual acts. People cannot help the way they are born. It is how they conduct themselves that gives offence - to a greater or lesser degree, depending on the culture and society where they live. Some - perhaps many - heterosexual people would like to have sexual relations with whoever is willing, regardless of marital status. But in most societies that is not acceptable, even illegal, so most people behave themselves so as not to give offence. The same rules apply to homosexual people, at least in Western culture.

In the UK the law does not discriminate between homosexual and heterosexual people, and there is a growing acceptance of sexual relations outside of marriage, but in Bible-believing Christianity homosexual acts are sinful and need to be repented of.


I remember, therefore I am.
Blodybeef
Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2019 1:22:11 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/15/2009
Posts: 740
Neurons: 517,494
Location: Ataşehir, Istanbul, Turkey
BobShilling wrote:

In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful
[...]

the most Merciful
ranful.com/]The Quran

I'd hate to think what would happen to sinners if God weren't so merciful.


Well, actually this means God will be merciful after the world has ended, and when it's time to decide who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.

I think, every believer (whatever the religion) prays for God's mercy at one point of their lives or another.

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." ― C.S. Lewis
RSoul
Posted: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 5:47:39 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
It's the 21st century, right? Just checking.

I'm guessing a lot of the world is still probably in the 5th century.

Someone should inform the chronology police!

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Blodybeef
Posted: Monday, September 9, 2019 3:56:27 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/15/2009
Posts: 740
Neurons: 517,494
Location: Ataşehir, Istanbul, Turkey
RSoul wrote:
It's the 21st century, right? Just checking.

I'm guessing a lot of the world is still probably in the 5th century.

Someone should inform the chronology police!


5th century is calling... they want their stones back.

Dancing

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." ― C.S. Lewis
RSoul
Posted: Monday, September 9, 2019 6:12:39 AM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/29/2019
Posts: 133
Neurons: 557
Blodybeef wrote:
5th century is calling...


Tell them I'm out.

Ubuntu isn't Swahili for 'can't install Debian'.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.