mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Words for the Wise Options
FounDit
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 4:24:11 PM

Neurons: 57,689
Something to contemplate.

secrets-of-happiness-from-the-oldest-of-the-old

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Epiphileon
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 4:39:14 AM

Neurons: 157,514
I absolutely loved this line, "When you are older, you view the time horizons in front of you differently."

Question authority. How do you know, that you know, what you know?
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 4:57:43 AM

Neurons: 386,001
True, the present is the product of the past; therefore, we should capitalize on the present and build the future.
FounDit
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 11:53:16 AM

Epiphileon wrote:
I absolutely loved this line, "When you are older, you view the time horizons in front of you differently."

So very true. Ten or twenty years seems so short a span at this point. It seems only yesterday we were all concerned about Y2K and 9/11.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
etrusca
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 12:53:57 PM

Neurons: 71,729
Well, the article is beautiful and driving to hope, but I don't think be really true. I can't avoid to see a sort of sadness in the eyes of old people, the most realized ones too. In my opinion life can be great, but toward the end of it, if you don't lose your mind you'll be conscious that your time has gone. No so much happiness then.
FounDit
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 2:15:14 PM

etrusca wrote:
Well, the article is beautiful and driving to hope, but I don't think be really true. I can't avoid to see a sort of sadness in the eyes of old people, the most realized ones too. In my opinion life can be great, but toward the end of it, if you don't lose your mind you'll be conscious that your time has gone. No so much happiness then.

There is a kind of sadness in that you know it is coming to an end, and you won't be around to see what happens to those you know and care about. But it can also be that the end is acceptable, knowing that it must happen for other lives to continue.

Whether or not it is a sad thing is, I believe, a result of how comfortable someone is in their own being, and how satisfied a person is in believing they have lived the best life they could have lived, given the circumstances under which they were born.

etrusca
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 3:07:00 PM

Neurons: 71,729
FounDit your vision is better than mine (decisively more optimistic), so I choose it.
FounDit
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 6:04:55 PM

etrusca wrote:
FounDit your vision is better than mine (decisively more optimistic), so I choose it.

Thank you. I hope it is helpful. I believe we choose our outlook on life. I like to be positive.