The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

wave Options
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 12:00:00 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/7/2009
Posts: 29,296
Neurons: 87,066
Location: Inside Farlex computers
Today's topic: wave

comber, breaker, roller - A long curving wave is a comber, a wave that curls over and dissolves into foam is a breaker, and a long wave moving steadily shoreward is a roller. More...

scend - As a noun, it is the surge of a wave or the sea; as a verb, it means to pitch or surge up in a heavy sea. More...

undulate - From Latin unda, "wave." More...

wave - Meaning "movement of the sea," it seems to be an alteration of the earlier wawe, "wave," from Old English woeg, "motion, wave." More...

Users browsing this topic

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.