The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Courier services Options
JPK
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 4:00:08 PM

Neurons: 1,998
Dear people,

In this thread, you can tell about your experiences, good or bad, with services such as Purolator, UPS and FedEx. Or whatever equivalents you have in your country.

I haven't had completely atrocious adventures, but I wonder how companies that should be geared towards customer service can have their warehouses (where you have to pick up your packages) in such remote areas that are not very accessible to people without a car. I'd like to know if there is such a thing as a courier warehouse that is not in the absolute middle of nowhere.

Also, I know it must be hard to manage, but I wish you could ask them to deliver at an approximative time, or at least know when it will be delivered. Depending of the company, you are usually given a half-day or full day during which your package will be delivered... Some people have day jobs and can't or don't want to spend a day off waiting for the courier guy! Grrrr.

I'm trying to call Purolator now, and even though I speak English well, I find it to be very poor customer service that all the recorded messages when you're waiting on the line are in English, and when someone picks up, they do in English, even though I dialed 2 for French.

Out of the three companies I mentioned, FedEx seems to have the best service. They actually called me to ask what I wanted them to do, and they agreed to leave it by my door. Score!

However, as much as I can, I now try to make my online purchases delivered by normal mail (USPS/Canada Post), it's so much easier!

Edit: I'm not withdrawing my comment about Purolator itself, but this lady picked up in some hybrid English/French way and was very helpful, so it's not all bad... sorry, I was a little frustrated earlier! Boo hoo!
Babezy
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:51:55 PM

Neurons: 2,806
I'm glad you got some assistance (more or less). I'd thought fluency would be a job requirement, but maybe not! For my job, Fed Ex works great. They're very reliable and you can always get someone "live" at customer service.

This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force. --Dorothy Parker
Nibbles
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:09:36 PM

they all pretty much suck the proverbial lollipop, if ya ask me or need a signature.
TB
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:22:37 PM

Neurons: 4,277
Never ship cargo on a aircraft whose company name is pronounced "OOPS" Dancing

"Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
gaimaster
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:46:54 PM

Neurons: 9
I have an account with Fed Ex, and like millions of other business people use their services everyday. Most times my packages get where they need to be when they need to be there.
uuaschbaer
Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2009 5:44:39 PM

Neurons: 6,180
It's hardly an interesting story, but then again, this thread is about courier services: I ordered three products from Amazon, one of which would delay the shipping with weeks (estimated date of delivery was 11 - 18 nov.). You can choose to let those nice people at Amazon ship the products separately according to the estimated date of shipment, but I'm cheap, so I didn't. The day after I had placed my order I logged in and made use of the Track Packages functionality and, lo and behold, there it said: 'Expected date of delivery: 6th of November'. I've been enjoying my freshly arrived products ever since two days ago, is that not marvelous?

wereina
Posted: Friday, May 3, 2019 12:35:43 AM

Neurons: 3
USPS services are awesome. I have been using it from last one year.