The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Nancy Pelosi Options
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2019 5:46:52 AM

Neurons: 557,194
I am stunned at the ignorance of some people holding influential positions in life, such as prominent journalists. One of them slates Nancy Pelosi for quotating a 'fake' verse of Scripture when she makes it plain that she is not quoting anything because she doesn't have the details to hand. She says that the Bible tells us that caring for the world and its resources, especialy the poor and underprivileged, is worshipping God. Because she can't quote chapter and verse she is lampooned in the media as hopelessly wrong. Well she is not wrong. Pelosi is 100% right. A principle message of Scripture is to 'Love Thy neighbour'. That mmeans everybody and everything that you can help, you should help. and that is worship. I am not a Catholic and I wish Pelosi wasn't either, but I am with her all the way on this.

Stupid people think that worshiping God is just about bowing down before Him in Church. Doing the will of God is worship. It shows the 'worthship' of God and is a blessing to Him and to His world.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:50:37 AM

Neurons: 208,128
I'm reminded of the Beatitudes (most particularly those quoted in Luke, rather than the later ones added by Matthew) - "Blessed are the poor" . . .

However, the whole of what Nancy Pelosi says seems to be taken more from Pope Francis and his modern Beatitudes:
"Blessed are those who remain faithful while enduring evils inflicted on them by others and forgive them from their heart"
"Blessed are those who look into the eyes of the abandoned and marginalized and show them their closeness"
"Blessed are those who see God in every person and strive to make others also discover him"
"Blessed are those who protect and care for our common home"
"Blessed are those who renounce their own comfort in order to help others"
"Blessed are those who pray and work for full communion between Christians"

Romany
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2019 6:59:19 PM

Neurons: 50,893

Well said, Drago. Well apt.
Blaidd-Drwg
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2019 3:18:57 AM

Neurons: 392,074
jacobusmaximus wrote:
I am stunned at the ignorance of some people holding influential positions in life, such as prominent journalists.

Jacobus, this is not actually ignorance on the part of the journalists. This is political spin. It is highly unlikely that the journalist is ignorant of the facts, but much more likely that they are spinning what is said into a politically volatile meme that can be targeted at their audience, who they know to be willfully ignorant and more than happy to believe their tripe.
leonAzul
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:50:00 AM

Neurons: 30,186
Quote:
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’

Matthew 25:34-40