The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Join some of WWE’s biggest... Options
Amybal
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 4:59:14 AM

Neurons: 2,850
Hi, is there anything wrong in these sentences?

Short summary
Join some of WWE’s biggest stars in these two hard-hitting, heavy-action films about Marine-trained heroes battling terrorist thugs to save loved ones and stop widespread attacks!

Long sumamry
Join some of WWE’s biggest stars in these two hard-hitting pulse-pounders! In The Marine 5: Battleground, after receiving an emergency call, Marine-turned-EMT Jake Carter risks his life to protect an injured man targeted by a ruthless biker gang. In the sequel The Marine 6: Close Quarters, Jake Carter and another former Marine, Luke Trapper, join forces to rescue a kidnapped girl from a gang of international criminals.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 5:09:37 AM

Neurons: 455,003
I think they are both grammatically ok. I just couldn't help loughing out loud while imagining those movies. I'm not a great fan of violent "old school" action movies.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Amybal
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 10:20:54 PM

Neurons: 2,850
Thank you Jyrkkä Jätkä. But they are latest movies. Just released two years ago.
FounDit
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:07:58 PM

Neurons: 53,577
Amybal wrote:
Hi, is there anything wrong in these sentences?
I would only add one comma. I like action movies. I'm just not sure I could tolerate WWE folks in those roles. They can't even act well in the ring, IMO, much less the movies, (viz. Jesse Ventura, Predator).

Short summary
Join some of WWE’s biggest stars in these two hard-hitting, heavy-action films about Marine-trained heroes battling terrorist thugs to save loved ones and stop widespread attacks!

Long sumamry
Join some of WWE’s biggest stars in these two hard-hitting pulse-pounders! In The Marine 5: Battleground, after receiving an emergency call, Marine-turned-EMT Jake Carter risks his life to protect an injured man targeted by a ruthless biker gang. In the sequel, The Marine 6: Close Quarters, Jake Carter and another former Marine, Luke Trapper, join forces to rescue a kidnapped girl from a gang of international criminals.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit