The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Hermann Göring (1893) Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 79,764
Hermann Göring (1893)

Göring was one of Hitler's most loyal supporters and held numerous Nazi posts, including interior minister of Prussia, where he established the Gestapo, and head of the Luftwaffe, the German Air Force. When the Luftwaffe failed to win the Battle of Britain, Göring semiretired to his country estate, where he displayed the vast art collection he had confiscated from Jews in occupied countries. In 1946, he was condemned to death by hanging at the Nuremberg trials but was never executed. Why? More...
KSPavan
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 2:34:55 AM

Neurons: 2,994,249
Today's Birthday
Hermann Göring (1893)
Göring was one of Hitler's most loyal supporters and held numerous Nazi posts, including interior minister of Prussia, where he established the Gestapo, and head of the Luftwaffe, the German Air Force. When the Luftwaffe failed to win the Battle of Britain, Göring semiretired to his country estate, where he displayed the vast art collection he had confiscated from Jews in occupied countries. In 1946, he was condemned to death by hanging at the Nuremberg trials but was never executed.
taurine
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 6:08:37 AM

Neurons: 82,990
Interesting fact about who was Göring's godfather and his relationship with Hermann's mother for so many years.
Even more curious seems the lack of this information on https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/hermann-goering
Does it have anything with removing unpopular information indicating that not all Germans were hating Jews in Germany? I do not know. Maybe somebody could teach me, please.
Does it have anything to do with a proper upbringing of children, in the past and in the future, alike?

le vert est un nouveau noir
ChristopherJohnson
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 11:16:44 AM

Neurons: 1,375,147
Egal auch was man erzählt ...
coag
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 2:09:07 PM

Neurons: 6,170
I ran into this interview with Göring's daghter
Interview with Edda Göring, Hermann Görings daughter (Swedish television, 1986). Subtitled in Swedish.
She looks like her father.

Edda Göring is the only child of Hermann Göring. She was born in 1938. Hitler was her godfather.

I was interested in what she would say, but I couldn't understand much of the YouTube English translation.
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 3:08:26 PM

Neurons: 621,496
Göring was one of Hitler's most loyal supporters and held numerous Nazi posts, including interior minister of Prussia, where he established the Gestapo, and head of the Luftwaffe, the German Air Force. When the Luftwaffe failed to win the Battle of Britain, Göring semiretired to his country estate, where he displayed the vast art collection he had confiscated from Jews in occupied countries. In 1946, he was condemned to death by hanging at the Nuremberg trials but was never executed.
Marek Guman
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 3:51:44 PM

Neurons: 1,467,282
coag wrote:
I ran into this interview with Göring's daghter
Interview with Edda Göring, Hermann Görings daughter (Swedish television, 1986). Subtitled in Swedish.
She looks like her father.

Edda Göring is the only child of Hermann Göring. She was born in 1938. Hitler was her godfather.

I was interested in what she would say, but I couldn't understand much of the YouTube English translation.

The verbs come in the end of German sentences, so the automatic translation is really difficult to follow.
This video could be very interesting.