The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

GRAMMAR Options
Mba Learning
Posted: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 3:26:15 PM

Neurons: 15,260
HELLO DEAR TEACHERS
could you please tell me the function of 'pouring' i the following sentence:money comes pouring.
renee talley 1
Posted: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:28:06 PM

Neurons: 2,816
Anxious Think d'oh! Shhh The rain comes pouring down ; When you have regular paychecks the money comes pouring in like buckets of water : When Morton Salt is pouring you'll know that'll create your drain to rust : Your book has
been published & many copies of your books keeps pouring in by very important book
authors describe your future books have their stamp of approval!!!Applause Applause Applause Applause
renee talley 1
Posted: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:50:35 PM

Neurons: 2,816
renee talley 1 wrote:
Anxious Think d'oh! Shhh The rain comes pouring down ; When you have regular paychecks the money comes pouring in like buckets of water : When Morton Salt is pouring you'll know that'll create your drain to rust : Your book has
been published & many copies of your books keeps pouring in by very important book
authors describe your future books have their stamp of approval!!!Applause Applause Applause Applause
When your inner most thoughts are unclear; God feels your silent tears are pouring in & he comforts you.Applause Applause Dancing Think
palapaguy
Posted: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:33:02 PM

Neurons: 11,290
Mba Learning wrote:
HELLO DEAR TEACHERS
could you please tell me the function of 'pouring' i the following sentence:money comes pouring.

It means that money comes rapidly in a steady stream.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:58:24 PM

Neurons: 48,155
Hi Mba. Welcome to the Forum!

Maybe this link will help with the function of the "ing" word. Is it used as a noun or part of a verb in this context?

https://www.ef.com/english-resources/english-grammar/ing-forms/

The past is to be respected/acknowledged, not worshipped. It is in our future we will find our greatness. Pierre Trudeau