The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Another confusing sentence Options
Hundreed
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:54:29 PM

Neurons: 128
Hi, everybody!
I was translating this user manual for one mixer and couldn't understand one thing.
It's hard to get it without the context, but I'm just asking you to look at this sentence and say whether it makes any sence or not. I'm not sure that it was written by an english speaking person.

It's about mixing raw materials in this mixer. It's a big mixer, not for food.

"Raw materials should not be full barrels, it is best to 9 into the full. It can't be more than half of the perspective window in order to avoid the mixing quality".

The first thing is "to 9 into the full". I thought that it means that if you work with raw materials you shouldn't fill the barrel completely - it's the main camera where all this shit is mixing - but fill only 9/10. What do you think it means? Does it mean anything anyway?

The second sentence I don't get totally. I don't know what's a perspective window. You shouldn't bother to understand it, too, but just check out one thing. "In order to avoid the mixing quality". It means to avoid mixing in the mixer, right?

So my question is do those sentences make any sence at all? If yes, could you, please, rephrase them?

Thanks to all very much! :)

FounDit
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:16:39 PM

Neurons: 51,343
Hundreed wrote:
Hi, everybody!
I was translating this user manual for one mixer and couldn't understand one thing.
It's hard to get it without the context, but I'm just asking you to look at this sentence and say whether it makes any sence or not. I'm not sure that it was written by an english speaking person.

It's about mixing raw materials in this mixer. It's a big mixer, not for food.

"Raw materials should not be full barrels, it is best to 9 into the full. It can't be more than half of the perspective window in order to avoid the mixing quality".

The first thing is "to 9 into the full". I thought that it means that if you work with raw materials you shouldn't fill the barrel completely - it's the main camera where all this shit is mixing - but fill only 9/10. What do you think it means? Does it mean anything anyway?

The second sentence I don't get totally. I don't know what's a perspective window. You shouldn't bother to understand it, too, but just check out one thing. "In order to avoid the mixing quality". It means to avoid mixing in the mixer, right?

So my question is do those sentences make any sence at all? If yes, could you, please, rephrase them?

Thanks to all very much! :)

Sorry to say that this makes no sense at all. I think you are correct about it not being written by an English speaker. It might help to link to the type of mixer you have and perhaps someone who has experience with it can help you.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
thar
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:21:58 PM

Neurons: 72,982
I agree it is nonsense.

You might be right in guessing 9/10, but I don't think so - I don't see how that fits in with the second part, which I think is 'don't fill up more than half-way up the viewing window or it will impair quality'.
Hundreed
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:25:21 PM

Neurons: 128
Well, guys, since I just wanted to hear what native speakers think, what you both said is pretty enough for me. Thank you very much.
leonAzul
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 7:59:49 AM

Neurons: 27,455
This sounds to me like a poor translation from another language. Perhaps if you could discover the country where the mixer was manufactured or asssembled, the correct instructions in the original language could provide a better source.

"Make it go away, Mrs Whatsit," he whispered. "Make it go away. It's evil."