Man proposes - God disposes Options
lazarius
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 4:39:29 AM

Neurons: 152,605

Не надо отчаиваться, товарищ.
Y111
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 8:19:40 AM

Neurons: 1,464
Poroshenko is suspected of heavy drinking, so maybe that was the evaporation of horilka that caused the fire around him. :)
Chazlee
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 1:14:54 PM

Neurons: 4,214
Unfortunately, any "message" McCain may have been sending to Putin and the idiot Trump will be ignored by both of them. It's also unfortunate that since the dumb one has been in office, Russia has become America's close "friend." It will be great when the day comes and everyone can finally discover what Putin has been holding over the moron Trump's head to get him to fear Mother Russia.

“I regret that the press treats me so badly.” Donald Trump.
dave argo
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 4:36:26 PM

Neurons: 65,013
Standing with one's "friends and allies" is best done after thoroughly checking their ground(s).
I wonder if ex-friend and ally Saakashvili was "seared" on the right side of Poroshenko in the arrangements?Think https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mikheil-saakashvili-ukraine-opposition-leader-poland-kieve-detained-petro-poroshenko-a8207226.html

And for good measure of grounds: https://www.dw.com/en/alexander-zakharchenko-the-latest-ukrainian-rebel-leader-to-face-an-abrupt-death/a-45323653

Some quarrels are best left alone or else too many innocent people may get seared in the wrong stand of the firebrands.
Helenej
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:59:04 AM

Neurons: 10,538
Y111 wrote:
Poroshenko is suspected of heavy drinking.

It seems Samantha Power’s mention of Poroshenko made you see red again. Russia’s haters of Ukraine have been suspecting him of drinking for over four years, since he became president. What a shame your Foreign Intelligence Service have failed to find any proof of that for more than four years!
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 9:55:42 AM

Neurons: 187,420
Ah - the deliberate use of the passive to smear.

"He is suspected of . . ." - BY WHOM?

Why do they suspect it? WHAT EVIDENCE

It's as bad as "They say that he . . ." - Who is 'they'? WHO says? What EVIDENCE do they have?

Rumours from undisclosed sources are a major tool of the propaganda machine.

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Hope123
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 10:31:21 AM

Neurons: 48,700
Drago, Good advice in general!

Applause Applause Applause

"Do the people you care about love you back?" Warren Buffett's measure of success
Y111
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:36:17 AM

Well, that black and white picture is from an undisclosed source itself. WHO says that? What EVIDENCE do they have? And so on. Apply your strict requirements to yourself first.

The use of anonymous "wise sayings" in a picture is widely spread on the internet as a means of manipulation. It's clearly aimed at making the reader think the saying belongs to someone authoritative. That it's something indisputably right. Because it doesn't even need the name of the author. It's a general truth!

Otherwise, why don't people just say it themselves? Because they are not sharing an idea or opinion, they are imposing them.

Now, to my post. That Poroshenko is suspected is a fact. That he is a heavy drinker is a rumor. Did I try to pass it for a fact? No. I presented it correctly, as a rumor. He is suspected. Not even "he is said". Not "he is considered" or "he is known". Besides, my post was a joke and this thread itself is a joke because it's about a typo in a tweet. I don't think it's correct to treat it as if it were a serious discussion.
Helenej
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:29:15 PM

Y111 wrote:
This thread is a joke because it's about a typo in a tweet.

This thread is an ordinary thread, not a joke. Someone noticed a typo in a politician’s tweet and suggested that the forum members discuss it. The typo itself might seem funny, like any typo seems funny to some elementary school children, but that makes no difference and the thread is a thread.

Y111 wrote:
That he (Poroshenko) is a heavy drinker is a rumor. Did I try to pass it for a fact? No. I presented it correctly, as a rumor…

My post was a joke…

I don't think it's correct to treat it as if it were a serious discussion.

What a convenient explanation! “I was doing nothing bad. I was only correctly (!) spreading rumors about the president of the neighboring country, which I hate like sin, by presenting him a drunkard burning in the vapor of the vodka that he has consumed. But because I put all this in the form of an awkward joke, don’t you dare to say anything disapproving of me and my rumors.”

Nice going, Y111!

dave argo
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:28:39 PM

Y111 wrote: "Well, that black and white picture is from an undisclosed source itself. WHO says that? What EVIDENCE do they have? And so on. Apply your strict requirements to yourself first."
You are right about the strict requirements, they should always apply to the preacher first.Applause

You can find that black and white picture here: https://me.me/i/false-knowledge-is-worse-than-ignorance-especially-when-its-used-15475635
The fact of the matter is that it is a meme, not a fact, and it had not been properly attributed when addressed to you, in this forum.
Ironically, the meme also contains a false definition of "fact", and that fact can be found here: https://www.thefreedictionary.com/fact

But to find some real irony in the little black picture--this is not a joke-- the irony is that its kernel of wisdom was misappropriated, and the fact of that matter can be found here: http://www.gurteen.com/gurteen/gurteen.nsf/id/L004548/ Quote: "Beware of false knowledge, it is more dangerous than ignorance." End quote, George Bernard Shaw , (1856-1950) Irish Author & Playwrigh

You see, "false knowledge" is worse, indeed. I think Shaw had a better take on it: more dangerous!

dave argo
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:07:56 PM

Drag0nspeaker wrote: "Ah - the deliberate use of the passive to smear."

Is that a fact according to your unattributed meme brandished at an unspecified member, here?

Slow day or slow on the take? One week later, only to unfairly chastise and lecture; Oh! The deliberate neglect!Shame on you
Y111
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 1:13:46 AM

Yes, the right thing should be done the right way. I agree that sharing suspicions is itself suspicious. So it can be questioned. However, if you don't like what someone has said, why not tell him that face to face? Why talk to the air and hide behind tablets with holy inscriptions? It looks like either arrogance or cowardice.
lazarius
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 1:28:09 AM

Neurons: 152,605
Helenej wrote:
The typo itself might seem funny, like any typo seems funny to some elementary school children...

Senator McCain raising from his box and searing your porcine president right beside the head of NATO - it is funny. And it is not I who made a comedy of a sad event - it's the powerful Samantha who needlessly dramatized it.

And you know what? I do not read her tweets regularly. It's liberast media that brought this particular one to my attention to make me tremble.

And I read it and laughed out loud.

--

Не надо отчаиваться, товарищ.
Helenej
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:01:19 AM

lazarius wrote:
Senator McCain raising from his box and searing your porcine president right beside the head of NATO - it is funny.

You definitely have a most fertile imagination. I wonder if it is equally funny for you to visialize you mother or father raising from their boxes and doing things.

lazarius wrote:
… your porcine president…

Once again you remind me some school children who try to compensate for the lack of their self-esteem by teasing and trying to humiliate others.

Y111
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:48:22 AM

lazarius wrote:
the powerful Samantha

She is not nearly as powerful as Poroshenko. As you probably know, at his last parade two or three more soldiers fainted in his presence. Apparently they couldn't stand the emanation of his power. No wonder that even the searing at the funeral didn't do him any noticeable harm. :)
Helenej
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:46:03 PM

Y111 wrote:
She is not nearly as powerful as Poroshenko. As you probably know, at his last parade two or three more soldiers fainted in his presence. Apparently they couldn't stand the emanation of his power.

You are going to get a wryneck looking all the time in the direction of Ukraine. Why don’t you look around so you can see lots of similar cases all over the world and in Russia in particular?

Soldiers fainting