The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

RIP, Sen John McCain. US war hero, courageous captive, public servant, patriot... Options
Hope123
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 11:44:30 PM

Neurons: 47,569
RIP, Senator John McCain. US war hero, courageous captive, public servant, patriot, and a bit of a rebel. He put the greater good above his own.

I may have disagreed with some of his Republican policies, but have great respect and admiration for the honourable man he was! Sincerest condolences to his family who loved him greatly. We were hoping he would beat this disease too, but it was not to be. America has lost a great man, one of the throwbacks who could work across rhe aisle, even in this toxic climate of partisanship today. He was one of the few who spoke up about injustices in the current administration.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/25/politics/john-mccain-obituary/index.html

The past is to be respected/acknowledged, not worshipped. It is in our future we will find our greatness. Pierre Trudeau
IMcRout
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 3:23:03 AM

Neurons: 563,379
I agree. A man with backbone. RIP.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. (Anon)