The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

D-Money Options
vkhu
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2018 11:29:04 AM

Neurons: 6,168
Quote:
Eamon stopped by. He stopped by a lot, happily played the role of leaning cop, drinking coffee.

“You’re such a cliché,” I said to him.

“Body of a god and a ten-inch cock or cop drinking coffee? Both? Let’s go with both,” he said.

“If you’ve got ten inches I’ve got fourteen,” I said, closing the register. We were only talking like this because the shop was empty. A customer had just picked up his bike and left. My only other employee, my buddy, Detroit had the day off.

D! D-Money. Come on, bruh. Come on.” Eamon laughed at me, shook his head.

Context: 2 brothers enjoying some friendly banter. This is an excerpt from the novel Whiskey & Ribbons by Leesa Cross-Smith.

What's D-Money? I don't see any definition on Urban Dictionary that would fit, and the majority of the search results are about a type of British money (this book's set in Kentucky, which is about as anti-British as it gets).
Romany
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:07:10 PM

Neurons: 43,440

No idea. It's not a "thing" tho. Sounds as though he calls his brother D or Dee -but what the "money" bit refers to must be something one picks up from the context.

(e.g. I used to call one of my sons "Joe" ((which isn't his name)) and sometimes it would be "Joe-gee" because, uh, dunno really. Because his middle name started with a "g". Or because he was weird and the things he did made us say "Gee!" a lot? Family nick-names are always a bit strange to other people.)
leonAzul
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2018 5:25:25 AM

Neurons: 26,471
It's rapper slang.

"D" is just the initial letter of Dalton's name. "Money" is often appended to a phrase to indicate that someone or something is very valuable.

You might find phrases like this in a dictionary of slang, but more often than not they are improvised.

"Make it go away, Mrs Whatsit," he whispered. "Make it go away. It's evil."