The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

give yourself more time Options
Koh Elaine
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:45:28 PM

Neurons: 13,671
Remember to come between 3 and 3.30. As you are coming to my house on your own the first time, give yourself more time.

Does the part in bold mean that the person addressed to start earlier from wherever they are so that they are able to reach my house at the appointment time? (Please also correct any errors in my question.) Thanks.

Islami
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:08:54 AM

Neurons: 298
Remember to come between 3:00 and 3:30pm. As you are coming to my house, on your own for the first time, adjust your time to reach comfortably at the appointed time.

Does the part in bold mean that the person addressed to start earlier from wherever they are so that they are able to reach my house at the appointed time? Thanks.IMO

Just because the writer of an article is British doesn't mean that they use English correctly-DragOnspeaker.
BobShilling
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 5:25:43 AM

Neurons: 1,032
Koh Elaine wrote:

Does the part in bold mean that the person addressed should start earlier from wherever they are so that they are able to reach my house at the appointment time?

\yes.