The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Chakri Day Options
Daemon
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 73,773
Chakri Day

Chakri Day is a national holiday in Thailand to commemorate the enthronement of Rama I, who founded the Chakri Dynasty in 1782. He was born Chao Phraya Chakri in 1737 and had become Thailand's leading general when a palace coup took place in Thon Buri. The dynasty he established has headed the country to this day, although the end of absolute monarchy came in 1932. The king was given the title Rama after his death. Ceremonies on April 6 honor his deeds and the founding of Bangkok as the capital. More...
KSPavan
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 2:43:18 AM

Neurons: 2,552,120
Today's Holiday
Chakri Day
Chakri Day is a national holiday in Thailand to commemorate the enthronement of Rama I, who founded the Chakri Dynasty in 1782. He was born Chao Phraya Chakri in 1737 and had become Thailand's leading general when a palace coup took place in Thon Buri. The dynasty he established has headed the country to this day, although the end of absolute monarchy came in 1932. The king was given the title Rama after his death. Ceremonies on April 6 honor his deeds and the founding of Bangkok as the capital.
ibj_ldn
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 1:28:08 PM

Neurons: 206,207
It reminds me of an old friend of mine who left Bangkok to study English in the University of Houston (LCC) in September 1996. His name is Wachirapam Tantipoomamorn, known as Bob. I wonder where he is now...