The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Russia’s missile strikes Florida Options
Y111
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:21:38 AM

Neurons: 939
Helenej wrote:
It seems that nitpicking is much more important for you than the discussion itself. I already told you that I did use the word ‘totally’, but I also told you that further in the same post I had corrected myself, saying that out of the six items you only chose to say something about one, ignoring the rest.

Come on, stop it. Nobody will correct a post in that way. It's OK in speech because you can't make said words unsaid, but you can easily make typed words untyped. Should I teach you how you can do it? Really? No, I won't by this.

Helenej wrote:
How about stopping discussing what I’ve already explained and starting commenting on the remaining five items on my list?

What for?

Helenej wrote:
Please, receive my most sincere and humble apology. Pray

Satisfied? Thank God.

Yes, it's OK.

Helenej wrote:
Anyway, you said that you didn’t know if Putin (the president!) sent seven hundred Russians in a country that is waging war, but how obvious it is that you feel much more comfortable to think that he didn’t. And you say that even if he didn’t sent them there, it was their fault that the Russian official (read Putin) denied their presence and they were killed. If the Russian official didn't know that they were there, he ought to find out that before denying their presence.

Actually, I don't know anything of what you mention here. Well, I know that Putin is our president. Maybe he sent someone to that country unofficially, but how many? I don't know. Maybe some of them took part in the operation near that plant. Again, how many? I don't know. Why did they do so? I don't know. Some of them were killed, either in the operation or just because they stayed in the wrong place, too close to the battlefield. The number of the killed is also unknown to me.

You see, I'm trying to be absolutely honest. No opinions presented as facts.

What exactly Putin did when he was informed about the incident, I have no idea. I don't have any informants in his administration. Maybe he ordered someone to find out what happened, who were those people, etc. It sounds plausible.

Helenej wrote:
It would have been easy if you had given it a tic of thought.

In the former citation, I used ‘cry’ meaning ‘shout loudly’. The words "we state or declare that" make my meaning obvious.

I wasn't the one who started this play on words, was I?
Helenej
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:46:02 PM

Neurons: 9,761
Y111 wrote:
Come on, stop it. Nobody will correct a post in that way. It's OK in speech because you can't make said words unsaid, but you can easily make typed words untyped. Should I teach you how you can do it? Really? No, I won't by this.

Oh, my gosh. It is the third time when he’s repeated that I corrected myself in a wrong way. I corrected myself in the way I did and I explained twice why I did so. What do you want from me now, you crashing bore?

Y111 wrote:
Helenej wrote:
How about stopping discussing what I’ve already explained and starting commenting on the remaining five items on my list?

What for?

Because discussing what I’ve already explained twice is boring.

Y111 wrote:
Helenej wrote:
Please, receive my most sincere and humble apology. Pray

Satisfied? Thank God.

Yes, it's OK.

Praise the Lord, he has forgiven me for citing him by memory. I thought he wouldn’t be able to calm down to his last day and would nag me even on his deathbed. Anxious

Y111 wrote:
Actually, I don't know anything of what you mention here. Well, I know that Putin is our president. Maybe he sent someone to that country unofficially, but how many? I don't know. Maybe some of them took part in the operation near that plant. Again, how many? I don't know. Why did they do so? I don't know. Some of them were killed, either in the operation or just because they stayed in the wrong place, too close to the battlefield. The number of the killed is also unknown to me.
What exactly Putin did when he was informed about the incident, I have no idea. I don't have any informants in his administration. Maybe he ordered someone to find out what happened, who were those people, etc. It sounds plausible.

If you have no idea about so many things, why try to prove that Putin isn’t a cowardly liar?

Y111 wrote:
I wasn't the one who started this play on words, was I?

And you decided to play yourself pretending to be stupid?

Y111
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:44:12 PM

Helenej wrote:
Oh, my gosh. It is the third time when he’s repeated that I corrected myself in a wrong way. I corrected myself in the way I did and I explained twice why I did so. What do you want from me now, you crashing bore?

Nothing special. I simply said I don't believe your explanation. If you can live with it, we could leave it at that.

Helenej wrote:
Praise the Lord, he has forgiven me for citing him by memory. I thought he wouldn’t be able to calm down to his last day and would nag me even on his deathbed. Anxious

You were judging me by yourself. As for citing by memory, I don't care much where you got the words that you put in my mouth. Just don't do it. Your laziness shouldn't be anyone else's problem.

Helenej wrote:
If you have no idea about so many things, why try to prove that Putin isn’t a cowardly liar?

Prove? I just expressed my opinion. I don't consider him a coward, and I explained why. If you have a different opinion, I'm OK with it.

You can prove that he lied about something but you can't prove that he did it out of cowardice. It's your opinion. This is why I was not interested in discussing your list of accusations.

Helenej wrote:
And you decided to play yourself pretending to be stupid?

Ah, so you at least consider me an intelligent person. Let me take it as a compliment.

P.S. My best wishes to you on Women's Day. I hope you still celebrate it in Ukraine.
Helenej
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:03:43 AM

Y111 wrote:
I simply said I don't believe your explanation.

Again? I always though men should be more generous.

Y111 wrote:
You at least consider me an intelligent person.

So you are. I only wish you could see your country from the outside. I’m sure you would sound even brainier.Angel

Y111 wrote:
My best wishes to you on Women's Day. I hope you still celebrate it in Ukraine.

Ugh. “Congrats! You are a woman” sounds absurd. It’s not my fault! Besides, I hate the feeling of obligation men experience on this day. So I am sorry you felt the pressure of those archaic public moralities.
Thanks, anyway. Very grateful to you for not attaching a picture of a bulky bunch of flowers to your post.
Anxious

Y111
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 10:43:15 AM

Helenej wrote:
Again?

Again what? I answered your question.

Helenej wrote:
I only wish you could see your country from the outside. I’m sure you would sound even brainier.Angel

Why do you think it should change anything? I remember you saying that "Ukraine above all" is the quintessence of patriotism. Then so must be "Russia above all" to Russians. Above all means above Ukraine and the rest of the world. So I don't understand what you expect from me. Unless, of course, your approval of that slogan was just for the sake of argument. But I also remember you accusing me of not being sincere, which apparently means that sincerity is one of your top values. If you sincerely agree with "Ukraine above all", you must be prepared to see the same attitude from other countries.
Helenej
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:25:45 PM

Y111 wrote:
Again what? I answered your question.

Y111: Come on, stop it. Nobody will correct a post in that way.

Helen: Oh, my gosh. It is the third time when he’s repeated that I corrected myself in a wrong way. I corrected myself in the way I did and I explained twice why I did so. What do you want from me now, you crashing bore?

Y111: Nothing special. I simply said I don't believe your explanation. If you can live with it, we could leave it at that.

Helen: Again?

Y111: Again what? I answered your question.

As you can see, I didn’t ask you any questions whether you believed me or not. You just like repeating in different ways that you don’t believe me and listen to how you sound.

Y111 wrote:
I remember you saying that "Ukraine above all" is the quintessence of patriotism. Then so must be "Russia above all" to Russians. Above all means above Ukraine and the rest of the world.

You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

“Ukraine above all” means that people are ready to sacrifice their material well-being and even their lives for the sake of their country.

As the world can see, “Russia above all” means development at the expense of other countries, which implies:

- annexation of other countries’ territories;
- waging wars in other countries, including hybrid ones, when soldiers are presented as volunteers or mercenaries;
- interfering in other countries’ election;
- cyber attacks at other countries;
- murdering people in other countries by means of radioactive or other substances;
- state-run manipulating with urine samples in order to be above all the other countries at the Olympics.

Y111
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 10:57:31 PM

Helenej wrote:
You just like repeating in different ways that you don’t believe me and listen to how you sound.

But you clearly don't want this to stop. I suggested that we leave it at that but you countinued your rant. It would have stopped already if not for you.

Helenej wrote:
“Ukraine above all” means that people are ready to sacrifice their material well-being and even their lives for the sake of their country.

That's one possible interpretation. You can't speak for every person what they include in the "all". That's why I don't like this slogan (for Russia as well).
Helenej
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2018 7:45:14 AM

Helenej wrote:
Y111 wrote:
I answered your question.

As you can see, I didn’t ask you any questions.

You ignored an important part of my post about a would-be question that you had attributed to me. You put in my mouth a question that I’ve never asked. What keeps you from admitting that? Cowardice?Dancing
Y111
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2018 2:06:28 PM

Helenej wrote:
You put in my mouth a question that I’ve never asked.

You asked what I wanted from you. That's the question I was talking about.
Helenej
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2018 3:09:02 PM

Y111 wrote:
You asked what I wanted from you. That's the question I was talking about.

Do you really think that an answer to the question “What do you want from me?” can be “I don’t believe you”? It can only be “I want… bla-bla-bla”. Anyway, if it was beyond you to just say you were wrong, then you are a coward. If you really can’t figure out what to answer to the straightforward question “What do you want from me”, then you are stupid. Which are you, may I ask?

You know, with this lie of yours, you remind me your respected president. He never admits his faults, he never apologizes and he always lies. Looks like a lot of Russians beyond the Urals consider him as an excellent role model.
Y111
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2018 3:36:42 PM

The direct answer to your "What" was my "Nothing special". Then I explained what I wanted to say with my post. Simple as that. And in the end I suggested that we leave it at that.

But you obviously don't want to stop. Now you are even trying to insult me. I don't feel offended because I see that your mind is totally confused.

Boo hoo!
Helenej
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2018 5:05:10 PM

Y111 wrote:
The direct answer to your "What" was my "Nothing special". Then I explained what I wanted to say with my post.
Your mind is totally confused.

My mind is as clear as it can only be and now I’m going to help you with your mind. See here.

Earlier you insisted that your “I don’t believe you” was the answer to my question “What do you want from me now?” Now you admit that the answer to my question was something else, while “I don’t believe you” was an “explanation” of something that I hadn’t asked you about. So there you go. You put in my mouth a question that I’ve never asked – I’ve never asked you whether you believed me or not.

And now you are afraid to admit that. Again, what keeps you from admitting? Cowardice?

Y111
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2018 10:54:20 PM

Helenej wrote:
My mind is as clear as it can only be

No, from some of your other posts in this forum I know that you can do better.

Helenej wrote:
Earlier you insisted that your “I don’t believe you” was the answer to my question “What do you want from me now?”

Not quite right. I only said "I answered your question" and later I clarified what question I meant. That explanation was part of my answer in a broad sense. In a strict sense, the answer was "Nothing special". What's so hard to understand here? First you give a short answer, then you elaborate. It's normal. If you didn't need that elaboration or didn't like it, I can understand that. But at least my post wasn't confusing as was yours with "totally" meaning "most".

Nobody in their right mind would believe that making the end of a post contradict its beginning is correction. Yet you insist on it. Tell me about the clarity of your mind after that.
Helenej
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 8:25:35 AM

Y111 wrote:
That explanation was part of my answer in a broad sense. In a strict sense, the answer was "Nothing special". First you give a short answer, then you elaborate.

As I can see, things are getting worse there. See what was happening.

After I admit that I was inaccurate in my earlier post, in which I immediately straightened myself out, you say - for the third time! – that you don’t believe me ("Nobody will correct a post in that way"). Then I ask, “What do you want from me now?”, which actually means “It happened and I’ve explained how it happened and now you say – for the third time! – that you don’t believe me! Why do you say it for the third time? Does it mean you want something else from me, other from admitting my mistake?” And your "broad" answer actually is, “I don’t believe you”.

Does your “broad answer” makes any sense to anyone? No, it doesn’t. At least here in Europe.

Y111 wrote:
My post wasn't confusing as was yours with "totally" meaning "most".

Are you crazy? It is you who want my 'totally' to mean 'most'. I’ve explained to you several times that I was inaccurate saying ‘totally’, but I corrected myself in the same post! I myself straightened out my own words and immediately! People often say something inaccurately and fix their words afterwards. A man may say to his wife, “You never cook anything special for me” and then add, “Well, you made those mutton ribs last month, but it was so long ago”. Is what the man said so confusing for you? I bet, not. Just like my post. You are only pretending to be that much confused to just badmouth me.

Y111
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 12:07:20 AM

Helenej wrote:
And your "broad" answer actually is, “I don’t believe you”.

No, my broad answer was "Nothing special. I simply said I don't believe your explanation. If you can live with it, we could leave it at that."

It seems typical of your way of citing that you take a part and pretend it's a whole. You even copy a part of a sentence and put a full stop at its end so that it looks like a whole sentence. Or you omit the beginning of a sentence and start the remaining part with a capital letter as if the sentence really started there. Or you omit what was between two sentences and don't mark the omission in any way. This gives anyone who hasn't read the previous posts or doesn't remember them in detail a distorted view of what your opponent acually wrote. The distortion may or may not be critical in each particular case, but I still consider it unacceptable. Please don't do so when you cite my posts. I'm not saying you should always copy the whole post, of course, but please don't edit my writing.

Helenej wrote:
Does your “broad answer” makes any sense to anyone? No, it doesn’t. At least here in Europe.

Have you asked anyone? There in Europe.

Helenej wrote:
People often say something inaccurately and fix their words afterwards. A man may say to his wife, “You never cook anything special for me” and then add, “Well, you made those mutton ribs last month, but it was so long ago”.

I've already said that such correction is okay for speech. So I don't see how your example is relevant. We are talking about a forum post, which is writing. If you don't see the difference, I can still only think that you are confused.
Y111
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 1:39:18 AM

Wait, I now see where the problem is. Your "Again?" referred not to the sentence that you quoted but to the previous post, which that sentence referred to. If so, then it was a misunderstanding on my part and I must apologize for it. I'm sorry.

And to answer your "Again?", I don't see anything wrong about repeatedly saying you don't believe an explanation if that explanation is repeatedly offered to you. Stop giving me the explanation I don't believe and I'll stop saying I don't believe it. Actually I've already suggested doing so twice by saying "stop it" and "we could leave it at that".
Helenej
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:45:14 AM

Y111 wrote:
Helenej wrote:
And your "broad" answer actually is, “I don’t believe you”.

No, my broad answer was "Nothing special. I simply said I don't believe your explanation. "

I said that it actually was “I don’t believe you”. Since you want nothing from me, there’s no use talking about the first part of it, “nothing special”. Of course, I was expecting that, after saying that you wanted nothing special from me, you would say what ordinary you wanted from me. However, as it turned out, you wanted nothing at all from me. You only wanted to repeat “I don’t believe you”. Angel

Y111 wrote:
It seems typical of your way of citing that you take a part and pretend it's a whole. … I consider it unacceptable. Please don't do so when you cite my posts. I'm not saying you should always copy the whole post, of course, but please don't edit my writing.

What a brazen man you are! How dare you attribute to me pretending that what I cite is exactly what people say? After all, it is so easy to check! If your favorite president keeps pretending all the way, it’s not the reason to think that everyone does it.

Unlike you, I consider it absolutely acceptable to cite only part of a post and I cite posts in the way I find the most reasonable for the clearance of the discourse. I cite the part of a post to which I reply. I cite part of a sentence to which I reply because a sentence may contain two different ideas. In this case, I start it with a capital letter and put a period after it so that it looked like an idea, as it actually is. I discuss an idea and I present it as an idea. This is me, and I’m going to do it my way. Sorry, I have to deny your request.
Whistle

Y111 wrote:
Helenej wrote:

Have you asked anyone? There in Europe.

You bet. Lots of people. I wish I hadn't failed to arrange a call to the British Queen.Angel
By the way, did you miss your class in Geography when everyone was taught about Europe?

Y111 wrote:
Helenej wrote:
People often say something inaccurately and fix their words afterwards. A man may say to his wife, “You never cook anything special for me” and then add, “Well, you made those mutton ribs last month, but it was so long ago”.

I've already said that such correction is okay for speech. So I don't see how your example is relevant. We are talking about a forum post, which is writing.

Writing is putting your thoughts on paper/screen. As I was typing what I thought, I recalled something and just added it. I decided not to bother retyping and rearranging the whole post. Was it so unbearably confusing to you that you have been nitpicking about it for six days in a row? Again, I’m going to write posts in my way, not wasting much time on rearranging and correcting and making my posts perfect. If reading my posts is so much confusing to you, you may quit doing that. No one forces you.

Y111 wrote:
Wait, I now see where the problem is. Your "Again?" referred not to the sentence that you quoted but to the previous post, which that sentence referred to. If so, then it was a misunderstanding on my part and I must apologize for it. I'm sorry.

My ”Again?” referred to the fourth (!) time when you said the same thing – “I don’t believe you”. My previous post had actually meant, “You’ve already said, and three times(!), that you don’t believe the way I corrected myself in my own post. I’ve admitted that I had used an inaccurate word, but I had straightened it out immediately, in the same post where I used it! What else do you want from me other from admitting it?” And in your “broad” answer you say – for the fourth time (!) that you don’t believe me. It’s curtain.

My “Again?” meant “Do you say you don’t believe me after having already said that three times? I’ve already heard that you don’t believe me. What’s the use of saying it for the fourth time?”

Y111
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 1:25:28 AM

You have very strange views. I wonder if there is anyone who likes your peculiar way of citing. In Europe or elsewhere. The ideas are mine, and I expressed them in the form that I find appropriate. I am the author of the text. You can interpret it but you shouldn't distort it. As soon as you have changed my text, it's no longer mine, it's yours. Putting it under my name is deceit.

Of course it's acceptable to quote part of a post or part of a sentence. But all omissions in and between sentences should be obvious, so that the readers see them and understand they have to read the original post if they need a full version. Your capital letters and full stops make them think this is a full version, which is again deceit.

Sure you can write self-contradictory posts if you want. But this also seems very strange to me.

You have totally confused me with your "times". So I don't know now whether I misunderstood you then or not. As for why I was repeatedly saying I don't believe you, I explained this in my previous post.
Helenej
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 4:18:32 AM

Y111 wrote:
I wonder if there is anyone who likes your peculiar way of citing.

For over four years, no one on the TFD forum has blown a whistle when I cited someone’s separate idea/thought I was replying to, writing it with a capital letter and putting a period at the end. I’ve already explained my reasons and I intend to do so further on regardless of you liking it or not. You have two choices, either to roll with it or to quit reading my posts if seeing a period at the end of a citation is so nerve-racking to you.

Y111 wrote:
Sure you can write self-contradictory posts if you want. But this also seems very strange to me.

I suspect “your contradictory post seems very strange to me” is a cover version of “I don’t believe you”. Angel It is obviously haunting you.

Y111 wrote:
You have totally confused me with your "times". So I don't know now whether I misunderstood you then or not. As for why I was repeatedly saying I don't believe you, I explained this in my previous post.

Are you sure you can explain anything if, as you say, you are totally confused and don’t know whether you misunderstood me or not? Angel

You are trying to pass something for an explanation but the real explanation is:

Each time I said, “I admit I used an inaccurate word but I corrected myself”, you said, “I don’t believe you”. This exchange got cycled, but in spite of the fact that I had nothing to add to my explanation of how I wrote that post, you refrained "I don't believe you". Don’t believe what? That I admit it? That I used an inaccurate word? That I corrected myself?

You just didn't want to discuss how Poo-tin lied each time when he committed a crime and you’ve been trying to keep off the point discussing for seven days how I used an inaccurate word and then corrected myself in the same post.

Helenej
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 3:07:55 PM

Y111 wrote:
Helenej wrote:

That's one possible interpretation. You can't speak for every person what they include in the "all".

It sounds like you don't trust this interpretation. What interpretation do you find credible?
Y111
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 1:55:11 AM

Helenej wrote:
For over four years, no one on the TFD forum has blown a whistle when I cited someone’s separate idea/thought I was replying to, writing it with a capital letter and putting a period at the end.

Surprising. However, it's not my business. My request was about my writing. Since you refuse to respect it and I am not going to put up with disrespect, I can only say goodbye and good luck to you.
Helenej
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:14:28 AM

Y111 wrote:
My request was about my writing. Since you refuse to respect it and I am not going to put up with disrespect, I can only say goodbye and good luck to you.

Good. I think I can live with that. I'll tell you more, I expected that. Pretending to be deeply insulted because of a capital letter is a good excuse for not explaining what you blurted here about my nation, you chicken.

You quitting is the more okay with me because I never invited you to my threads in the Politics or never asked you to respond to my posts in others’ threads. It was you who joined in. And from your very first posts, it was obvious that you are completely brainwashed by the first three channels on the Russia’s TV. You have no conscience or sense of shame, either. One could spit in your eye and you'd call it God's dew. Your morals only allow you not to care about over 10,000 Ukrainians killed on their own land, hundreds of thousands Syrians killed in their country, those killed in Abkhazia and South Ossetia and millions of refugees. You give a shit about them, you only pretend to care about ethnic Russians who are allegedly oppressed around the world because of their ethnicity and language. 30% of Ukraine’s citizens call Russian their mother tongue and about half Ukrainians use it in daily life, with a much higher percentage in cities. No one has ever been beaten or killed for the language they speak. You complain about Russophobia in Ukraine and other countries. Stop crapping at other countries’ doors and there will be no Russophobia.

Helenej wrote:
Y111 wrote:
Helenej wrote:

That's one possible interpretation. You can't speak for every person what they include in the "all".

It sounds like you don't trust this interpretation. What interpretation do you find credible?

You found nothing to say because “Ukraine above all” means for us exactly what I said: people are ready to sacrifice their material well-being and even their lives for the sake of their country. No party, no other organization, no politician, no private person ever said anything about restoring Ukraine to its boundaries set, say, by the Brest-Litovsk treaty of 1918. Then, Ukraine comprised the ethnic Ukrainian territories in Poland, Moldova, the southern Berorus, part of Kursk and Belgorod regions of Russia and the territory of the lower Don, where lots of ethnic Ukrainians live now. Also, we don’t wage wars in other countries, we don’t send mercenaries or “volunteers” anywhere, we don’t interfere in other countries election.

Unlike the Ukrainians, for the 86% of Russia’s citizens, who support Putin and his policy, “Russia above all” means support and approval of exactly what Russia does:

- annexes other countries’ territories under the pretext of protecting Russians;
- wages wars in other countries, including hybrid ones, when soldiers are presented as volunteers or mercenaries – under the same pretext;
- interferes in other countries’ election;
- attacks syber systems of other countries;
- murders its former citizens in other countries by means of radioactive or other substances;
- runs manipulating with urine samples in order to be above all at the Olympics;
- trades drugs on the wholesale scale.

Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:04:39 AM

Neurons: 2,182
How much is per post?
Helenej
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:01:48 AM

Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
How much is per post?

Sounds like Kirill Vorobyov has got fired and is desperately looking for a job.Brick wall

Let me give you a tip. I’ve heard that Russia-backed “troll farm” the Internet Research Agency, indicted by the US court recently, is hiring new employees for interfering with the 2018 USA Congress election. Why don’t you take a chance?
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:46:53 AM

Thanks, Helen, I knew it would be you who'd respond! Applause

Fired or not, it never hurts to make some extra dough if it's worth it.

As a matter of training, let me start with this:

LIBERATE NADIA SAVCHENKO!
NEZLAMNA
Helenej
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:00:16 PM

Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
I knew it would be you who'd respond!

Your vanity is brimming over like that of a child who, for the first time in his life, has recited a poem standing on a chair in front of the guest. Angel

To figure out who would respond would be a snap even for a preschooler as for eight days (!) no one has been interested in the topic except me and Y111, but the latter has sworn not to set foot here because of a capital letter.

Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
As a matter of training…

You’ve been referred to Mr. Prigozhin both for getting a job and being trained, instructed, coached and drilled. And you’d better hurry up for the number of jobs is limited while the number of unemployed trolls in Russia is enormous.

March Hare
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 2:40:04 AM

Neurons: 1,473,786
Helenej wrote:
... for eight days (!) no one has been interested in the topic ...

I beg to differ: I am very much interested in the topic and have been following the discussion every day. It's just that I don't think I have much to contribute to it. What do I know about the situation in Russia and Ukraine when all the information I get is filtered through most probably very biased media?
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 8:34:09 AM

March Hare wrote:
Helenej wrote:
... for eight days (!) no one has been interested in the topic ...

I beg to differ: I am very much interested in the topic and have been following the discussion every day. It's just that I don't think I have much to contribute to it. What do I know about the situation in Russia and Ukraine when all the information I get is filtered through most probably very biased media?

In fact, in the real world Russians are Ukrainians are much closer and friendly to each other than what one might imagine judging from Helen's posts. Whatever her reasons are. I don't know why she thinks she should be so aggressive.

Millions of Ukraininans still live in Russia, and work in Russia, and whenever people meet they communicate quite normally. This is my experience anyway.
Helenej
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 5:48:02 PM

Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
I don't know why she thinks she should be so aggressive.

You don’t know, do you? Then I’ll tell you why.

1. Because Russia has killed more than 10,000 Ukrainians and made 1.6 million flee their homes. For four years, you’be been waging this war, sending soldiers, “volunteers” and mercenaries to Ukraine and supplying them with weapons.

2. Because Russia violated the Treaty on Friendship between our countries, in which it committed to respect Ukraine’s territorial integrity and confirmed the inviolability of existing borders. Russia cared a shit about its signature and annexed Crimea.

3. Because 86% of Russians care a shit, too, and feel no shame or regret for what their country has done and is doing in Ukraine. They keep supporting and worshiping their president, lots of them doing that in social networks and on forums, like this one, pretending “not to know”. For them, what is happening here is merely an entertaining bloody show, which they want to go on.

Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 9:08:04 AM

No, Helen, nobody wants it to go on. Except maybe a handful of TV "experts" who have been exploiting the topic for four years now, and for them the "crisis in/with Ukraine" has become easy money. They keep staging heated arguments apperently with no intention to ever end them.

In spite of the efforts of these media heads/bosses, however, to stop this bloody nonsense people on both sides of the border should try to establish a less emotional and more informed and constructive view of this situation. This is a challenge.

Rememeber, the bloody tragedy in the east of Ukraine resulted in 2014 from a string of provocations that were undertaken on both sides in a concerted way, obviously as part of a coherent policy aimed at setting Ukraine and Russia, and Ukrainians and Russians, against each other, and at creating political problems for Russia and Putin (sanctions, etc...). To see an example of how exactly this was done, consider, for example, the situation with that commercial international flight that was shut over Donbass in the summer of 2014. Somebody decided they needed to step up international involvement and pressure. So first Ukrainian air traffic control authorites didn't close the airspace over the de-facto conflict zone, thus letting the plane in. Then somebody shut it down. I even don't care who pulled the trigger. It could have been whoever was paid for the "job". The desired result was achieved. And certainly it was not the result that Putin could be interested in.

And by the way yes, most Russians do support Putin. Because he does work for the country. When you live here you see it's undeniable. I wish Ukraine had a leader like that.

Anyway, going back to Eastern Ukraine, now we have to deal with this situation and fix it. However, apparently there are still influential people on both sides who want this painful wound to persist. And I don't know on which side this party of war is now stronger.

Helenej
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 7:44:37 PM

Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
Nobody wants it to go on.

Do you deny the presence of Russian soldiers, “volunteers” and mercenaries on our territory?
Do you deny that Russia has been providing weapons for them for the four years?
If Russia didn’t want the war to continue, it would have stopped sending both soldiers and weapons here and agreed to the presence of the UN peacekeepers in Donbas.

Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
To see an example of how exactly this was done, consider, for example, the situation with that commercial international flight that was shut over Donbass in the summer of 2014. Somebody decided they needed to step up international involvement and pressure. So first Ukrainian air traffic control authorites didn't close the airspace over the de-facto conflict zone, thus letting the plane in. Then somebody shut it down. I even don't care who pulled the trigger. It could have been whoever was paid for the "job". The desired result was achieved. And certainly it was not the result that Putin could be interested in.

So you don’t care who downed the plane and killed three hundred people? Sounds rather cynical. I wonder whether you would care if your relatives were killed that way.

I agree, Putin wasn’t interested in downing the Boeing. He was interested in downing the Russian board Moscow-Larnaka and starting a full-scale warfare under the pretext that it was Ukrainians that had done that.

The airspace hadn’t been closed because there were no missile systems in the eastern Ukraine capable of downing planes on such altitudes. Who had known that Russia would deliver a Buk missile system from its territory?

Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
Going back to Eastern Ukraine, now we have to deal with this situation and fix it.

Why should you fix anything on our territory? Mind your own business. You'be been fixing the situation for over four years with the only result of 10,000 dead and 1.6 refugees. The best thing you can do is to get back and let the UN peacemakers control the border.

Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
Most Russians do support Putin. Because he does work for the country.

You call the following “work”? I guess any housewife would have done better.

Over Putin’s last six-year presidential term, the real incomes of the population fell by 6%.

In 2007 Russia was the sixth-seventh world’s largest economy. Now it is the eleventh-twelfth economy.

Over the last ten years, Russia’s economy has grown by 7% while both India’s and China’s economy is growing by 7% a year (!) and the world’s economy is growing by 3-3.5% a year.

Furthermore, over the last presidential six-year term, Russia’s economy went down by 0.7%, while the world’s economy increased by 11% over this period, the US – by 8%, Europe – 6%, India and China – 32%.

Over the 18 years of Putin’s reign, the number of hospitals has decreased by half, and the number of schools has decreased by 37%.

As your election showed, most Russians like and approve this "work" of Putin and want him to continue. Well, if they don't want to use their gray matter to count and compare numbers, then it's their choice.