The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Putin and his fake video Options
Helenej
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:29:08 AM

Neurons: 9,761
While presenting Russia's "newest supersonic aircraft missile system", Putin used Photoshop editor. Compare the video of his address to the Parliament on 1 March 2018 (watch at 3:25)
What was shown

and the storyboard of the video (a building appears instead of the bunker and the terrain is different too).
Storyboard of the video

Has the system been ever tested in reality, I wonder?
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:24:47 AM

Neurons: 166,621
Yes - that whole video 'cut' backwards and forwards between real film and mock-up.
Some parts are made 'obviously' cartoon-like, others look a bit more real.

The plane taking off and landing look like real video - that would be easy to film.
MOST of the rest of the presentation has some 'virtual', 'mock-up', 'cartoon-like' qualities. It looks like mostly total mock-up (not even photo-shopped clips).

Those things (missiles) are expensive - I should imagine that they tested each part (like testing the guidance system by attaching it to a drone missile with no explosives, just to make sure that it can 'wiggle' round radar-beams and so on).
If it were me - I'd do it somewhere that I could recover it afterwards - rather than blow it all up.
They know the explosives work, like any other bomb!

Maybe they have tested a whole missile - most governments seem to be willing to waste money on explosions, and probably the Russian government is the same.

It wasn't a bad Powerpoint presentation - I think I could have done better, given their resources. Eh?

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Helenej
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:53:42 PM

Neurons: 9,761
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Those things (missiles) are expensive - I should imagine that they tested each part (like testing the guidance system by attaching it to a drone missile with no explosives, just to make sure that it can 'wiggle' round radar-beams and so on).

In this case they could have directed the missile to the place where something has already exploded and has been filmed in order to make a good video. The missile wouldn’t go in that direction, would it?

Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Maybe they have tested a whole missile - most governments seem to be willing to waste money on explosions, and probably the Russian government is the same.

Why not boast with that video then?