The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Do you Know How Human Heart Works?(46) Options
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 9:10:36 AM

Neurons: 74,116
See how complex the working of human heart is.

https://youtu.be/_qmNCJxpsr0

Me Gathering Pebbles at The Seashore.-Aj
hedy mmm
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 3:21:47 PM

Neurons: 521,622
Hi Ash,
"The Heart" is one of my favorite topics...thank you for your thread. Applause Applause Applause

TFD's Today's Birthday John Harvey Kellogg, the co-creator of corn flakes, Kellogg was a physician and food reformer...his recognition is a great addition to your thread. If you haven't read it, please do. He was born February 26, 1852, Dr. Kellogg is quoted below:

"The heart is a muscle. The heart beats. My arm will contract and cause the fist to beat; but it beats only when my will commands. But here is a muscle in the body that beats when I am asleep. It beats when my will is inactive and I am utterly unconscious. It keeps on beating all the time. What will is it that causes this heart to beat? The heart cannot beat once without a command. To me it is a most wonderful thing that a man's heart goes on beating. It does not beat by means of my will; for I can not stop the heart's beating, or make it beat faster or slower by commanding it by my will. But there is a will that controls the heart. It is the divine will that causes it to beat, and in the beating of that heart that you can feel, as you put your hand upon the breast, or as you put your finger against the pulse, an evidence of the divine presence that we have within us, that God is within, that there is an intelligence, a power, a will within, that is commanding the functions of our bodies and controlling them…"

To me, there is only ONE reason we have a heart...it's our Creator...I don't care what Science 'discovers' of its complexity, or anybody else thinks, all I know is that my Heavenly Father dwells within my heart and I thank Him each morning for giving me another day! Dancing Dancing

hedy

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 11:53:44 PM

Perfectly right hedy. You are welcome.Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause and Hats off to Dr. Kellogg.

I agree. But, Merged with the beat of my heart is the beat of some of my very nice, good and close friends.

Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 1:00:10 AM

Human Body has two types of muscles i.e. Voluntary and Involuntary.

Voluntary muscles are the muscles you can control, like those of arms, legs and hands. You can't control involuntary muscles.

Exceptionally wonderful is the fact that muscles of Heart are of voluntary kind but we cannot move those according to our will.Think

HE kept the reigns in HIS hands.

hedy mmm
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 11:58:36 AM

Neurons: 521,622
Ashwin Joshi wrote:
Exceptionally wonderful is the fact that muscles of Heart are of voluntary kind but we cannot move those according to our will.Think

HE kept the reigns in HIS hands.

And yet, how many realize it? — HIS word says, "
...We are fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, We know that fully well"
(Psalm 139:14)

Thank you,
hedy mmm

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy