The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

moma Options
vkhu
Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017 3:18:08 AM

Neurons: 5,993
Quote:
“Ah, come on, won’t you? I like you. I can’t help it, moma, there’s something about you that’s gotten to me. You’re so hard to pin down. First you’re here, and then you’re not here.”

This is a conversation between a prostitute and a man in Mexico. The word moma was italicized, so I know for a fact that it's Spanish. The problem is I can't find any translation for this word. Could anyone help me out please?
leonAzul
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:55:38 AM

Neurons: 26,000
vkhu wrote:
Quote:
“Ah, come on, won’t you? I like you. I can’t help it, moma, there’s something about you that’s gotten to me. You’re so hard to pin down. First you’re here, and then you’re not here.”

This is a conversation between a prostitute and a man in Mexico. The word moma was italicized, so I know for a fact that it's Spanish. The problem is I can't find any translation for this word. Could anyone help me out please?

It's a nonce word. It doesn't really exist in Spanish. I suspect it is intended to evoke mami, as a form of pillow talk.

"Make it go away, Mrs Whatsit," he whispered. "Make it go away. It's evil."
Moisés Verduga
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:22:47 PM

Neurons: 17,207
Think Boo hoo! Brick wall
vkhu wrote:
[quote]“Ah, come on, won’t you? I like you. I can’t help it, moma, there’s something about you that’s gotten to me. You’re so hard to pin down. First you’re here, and then you’re not here.”

This is a conversation between a prostitute and a man in Mexico. The word moma was italicized, so I know for a fact that it's Spanish. The problem is I can't find any translation for this word. Could anyone help me out please?[/quiteSick ]