The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Do You know About Harmful affects of Marijuana?(24) Options
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 12:24:07 PM

Neurons: 44,241
I just saw this topic again, FD.

I agree. The Obamacare compromise, a Republican concept to begin with, is very complicated and not ideal. But how many million more have healthcare now? I saw articles and videos not long ago of many people in the south with chronic diseases like diabetes who had no care before, who are Trump supporters still, but were petrified they were going to lose their Obamacare coverage that they love. Can I assume you have private coverage? That may change the outlook from those who had none.

CDN veterans not only have a special healthcare system specifically for them, but they can also access the universal plan.

Drago mentioned his general ideas towards healthcare. You were the one who brought US healthcare into the "smoking" discussion.
FounDit wrote: Yet, all those government agencies ( American Cancer Society, the CDC, Cancer Research UK, the NHS,) adopted the same generalizations of smoking and second-hand smoke in order to convince people to stop smoking. Why? -- to save money on healthcare, especially when they have to tax the whole population for it. Since Obama and Hillary wanted to establish just such a National Healthcare System here in the US, this was one of the behaviors that had to be modified as much as possible

I was explaining what it feels like to have coverage. Quite frankly, if it were not for the fact that I feel sorry for people caught up in the mess, (we have several right here on the forum) I could not care less for the ideology of what the US does in anything.

Nobody except me probably cares but Occupational Therapists in our healthcare system were at my brother's place the day after he got home from the hospital. They arranged for crutches, a wheelchair, a ramp, and bed and bathroom rails. There will be a van he can call to get him to the doctor on Friday. He will get free physiotherapy. It is cheaper to do these measures than to keep him in the hospital, although without his wife to care for him, he'd have had to have stayed. He is black and blue all over and in dreadful pain. He fell a year ago and broke five ribs. He's had open heart surgery. But he says this is the worst he's ever been so it must be bad. Since he's over 65, he won't need to use his private drug coverage for his pain meds. They say 4-6 months to recover. He's my baby brother so I hope he gets out of pain soon.

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes there is no virtue but on his own side. Addison
almo 1
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 10:04:38 PM

Neurons: 5,715
almo 1 wrote:

Whoopi Goldberg Launches Medical Marijuana Line to Help Relieve Menstrual Cramps

Whoopi Goldberg is getting into the cannabis business – and with a ladies-first mindset.

The Oscar-winning actress is launching a medical marijuana line geared toward soothing period cramps, she told Vanity Fair. Created in partnership with cannabis company Om Edibles owner Maya Elisabeth, the Maya & Whoopi line will hawk cannabis edibles, topical rubs, liquid extracts and a THC-infused bath soak, some made only with cannabidiol.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/why-whoopi-goldberg-s-weed-business-matters-n549151

While Goldberg is not the first celebrity to lend their name to a cannabis product – legendary stoner comedian Tommy Chong has his own line of legal weed paraphernalia, for instance – she is the the most mainstream name to date, who isn’t necessarily associated with drug culture, to take the plunge. Her decision to lend her name to these products is also significant because so few people of color have been able to puncture the sellers market in this burgeoning industry.