mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Slush Options
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:19:15 AM

Neurons: 376,273
Anyone heard of this?

http://www.slush.org/

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
taurine
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:34:26 AM

Neurons: 67,785
I used to think that name "Robyn" is used by intelligent women from CNN, but not only there...

One of participants according to the introduction Speakers at Slush is a founder of Apolitical.
Apolitical is a global network for government, helping public servants find the ideas, people and partners they need to solve the hardest challenges facing our societies.

Other companies' representatives also seem to make impressive collection of ideas, with the President and CEO of Nasdaq on top of my ranking.

J'ai perdu mes amis en Afrique durant la dernière semaine de 2017
Romany
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 11:47:06 AM

Neurons: 43,045

JJ - had not heard of Slush. Besides, not being exactly an International Player, I wouldn't have heard about it, I guess.

However: - over the last two years a number of these kinds of organisations have sprung up locally. It's rather exciting! I have to go to quite a few of these events and the best thing is the mixture of ideas, the innovations that are shared, the charged excitement that attends them all. It's great stuff on our micro-level; so on a macro-level I should imagine it opens up a plethora of doors!

Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:23:46 PM

Neurons: 44,394
Thanks, JJ. We've heard of it now. Whistle

Judging by the list of participants it looks as if they can motivate people to do better in business and with the hope of it being done ethically. And motivation is always necessary for anything to be accomplished. It sounds similar to some of the TV shows for new entrepreneurs but on a grander scale. But since I don't know anything about either, I do not know if this impression is accurate.

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes there is no virtue but on his own side. Addison
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:20:54 AM

Neurons: 376,273
Just think it started as a 300-person event in 2008. Last year there were over 17,500 people from 130 countries, including 2,336 startups, 1,146 venture capitalists and investors, and 630 journalists.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
srirr
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:59:03 AM

Neurons: 222,905
I feel it is something like TEDx events.

We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. ~ Swami Vivekanand